GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ugly orange side marker

barnes93cb

Go Kart Champion
Smoking them is cheap (<$10 for a can of Nite Shades) but I don't think it looks good unless you have black or CSG. It's also a pain that light still goes through. Color matched is the way to go. Either buy paint yourself for $20 plus S+H or pay someone around $50 to get some.

I just picked up a can of Nite Shades a week ago. I think I might go tint my side markers and rear reflectors now.

LightningRhod

Go Kart Champion
Chrome bulbs just have a chrome finish on the so they are not as visible if you run clear markers. They still light up amber. The stock bulbs are orange and visible with clear markers, hence the "fried egg" look.

If you want colormatched, you can do them yourself for about $35 or so.

Stock bulbs are NOT orange actually. It's just a normal bulb. I have clear corners with stock bulbs. Don't have the fried egg look, but my side markers light up with the lame yellowish/brownish hue due to the stock bulb.

greine16

Ready to race!
I have a reflex silver car and have the clear side markers with Deautokeys led side marker bulbs, since the cars silver the side markers are not even really noticable. When i have them on when its dark they shine a crisp white lights matches my xenons LED DLRS and 4500K fogs

mcomora

Ready to race!
I have SB and I had ghetto adhesive tint ($14 at Pep Boys) until tonight when I removed the tint and plastidipped them black. My flame shield is on. I will admit that I liked the tint better when the lights were off but the dip hides the lights so much better when they're on. Is there a way to get the light out without bulb out warnings? Maybe relocate it into the fender or engine bay?

bmc333

Ready to race!
Put in my order last night for some color matched side markers - should be ready by end of next week...

Kyle805

Ready to race!
Can't beat color matched in my opinion. Had mine done for free when I got my front valence matched at a local shop. Haven't looked back sense
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21366818633.692343.jpg

NolaGTI

Ready to race!
I'm the only one who thinks the smoke or clear side markers looks cheesy? :iono:

I have smoked but on my black car it's pretty close to a color match except it lights up still. Smoked on white is horrible in my opinion though.

bebersol

Ready to race!
side marker tints

I guess it depends on what color your car is, the clear lenses look great on the Candy White, I used a smoke tint on my Carbon Steel, there are red and blue tints too, and solid paint is an option.

I used Lamin-x the film it's a little thicker than most film and cut (almost) perfectly to size, after a week or two it seems to seal on very tight.

https://www.lamin-x.com/

Attachments

• unlit.jpg
    unlit.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 386
  • lit.jpg
    lit.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 147
Last edited: