GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Advice on brake pads for a 2010 GTI

GoodTimesIndeed

Go Kart Champion

DekeTurbo

Ready to race!
I just replaced my OEM pads (front and rear) with Stoptech Street Performance and the Stainless Braided lines to go with them and some Motul RFB6k and it rocks. No noise even with two days worth of rain. I'm not noticing a ton of dust either, but all the rain we are getting probably has something to do with that. All in all it's been an awesome upgrade. The brakes are more responsive and have more grip. I love the upgrade so far.

-DT

NoSpark

Go Kart Champion
If you're looking for rotors, I was recommended to try these. Cheap and a bunch of the vette guys are running them at incredible speeds on track days with no failures.

These are likely my next set. http://www.ebay.com/itm/390857324574?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

They have rotors for 2010 GTI at all?

I just replaced my OEM pads (front and rear) with Stoptech Street Performance and the Stainless Braided lines to go with them and some Motul RFB6k and it rocks. No noise even with two days worth of rain. I'm not noticing a ton of dust either, but all the rain we are getting probably has something to do with that. All in all it's been an awesome upgrade. The brakes are more responsive and have more grip. I love the upgrade so far.

-DT

You get that 7mm wrench to get things sorted? Glad the brakes are doing well.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Bozz

Go Kart Champion
I just replaced my OEM pads (front and rear) with Stoptech Street Performance and the Stainless Braided lines to go with them and some Motul RFB6k and it rocks.

Is Motul RFB6000 highly hygroscopic (sp?) ?

In other words, does that brake fluid absorb moisture faster than some brake fluids? That's what I heard about it...more of a track fluid and not something you want to keep in there a year or whatever. Is this true or just some smoke I heard?

DekeTurbo

Ready to race!
Heya NoSpark yeah got it sorted and in liking them more and more.

Bozz, no there is no evidence that just because it has a higher boiling point it isn't good for a daily driver. In fact it works pretty damn well for a daily driver from all the reviews I've read. Since it meets all the DOT 4 standards and is certified it can run in a dd without worry. The one thing with it is though, because it can be run in a track car it can withstand the higher temps required in a brake fluid. But if you do track your car or brake heavy or a lot you MAY need to change it a little more often than you would another type. But that all depends on how you drive.

-DT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Uberryan

Banned
Spark, the 2010s are the same sized rotor. Are you asking about pads? The rears are the only ones that are different from the 2011+ models.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Spark, the 2010s are the same sized rotor. Are you asking about pads? The rears are the only ones that are different from the 2011+ models.
This.
2010 has 286mm as 2011+ has 272mm rear rotors.

NoSpark

Go Kart Champion
Thanks guys

NoSpark

Go Kart Champion
This.
2010 has 286mm as 2011+ has 272mm rear rotors.

So the link looks like it's for 272mm, no? Looks like they don't have a front/rear package for the 2010...

Also, what is the weight difference compared to stock/other aftermarket?

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
So the link looks like it's for 272mm, no? Looks like they don't have a front/rear package for the 2010...

Also, what is the weight difference compared to stock/other aftermarket?
What site are you looking at?

On ECS tuning they have front and rear brake packages for both sizes. One is under "service kitS" and the other is under "service kit" And they say what rotor is the rear/what pads fit what.

What tool are you looking for?

NoSpark

Go Kart Champion
Sorry, I was specifically referring to those eBay rotors. It looks like the rear rotors are 282mm for the 2010 GTI, and the front/rear rotor eBay kit linked is for 312/272mm.