GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Car Chat 2: The Place You Go When Plac ISN'T Considering a New Car

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
balls, now I'm thinking about buying a car that costs about as much as the wheels and tires on my vette - though that car could be long gone it by now since it was posted a month ago :lol:

Somehow celica gt/gts and mr2s are all cheaper to insure than the vibe gt on geico, I guess because they're 5 years older? I figured celica especially would be more likely to be crashed.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Full coverage too?

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
Yeah that was comparing full coverage on everything, year 2000 for the toyotas and 2005 for the pontiac. Not that full coverage would make any sense on a $2500 car, was just a quick set of quotes for comparison's sake.

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
Usually if you're the best at something no matter what it is, you'll make money. Or the only one doing it :yikes:

:laugh:

There's the guidebook to making good business right there.

Yeah that was comparing full coverage on everything, year 2000 for the toyotas and 2005 for the pontiac. Not that full coverage would make any sense on a $2500 car, was just a quick set of quotes for comparison's sake.

Must be the age at play.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion

Nutzz

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Who is Brooks?

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Still, at some point we need to stop being cheapasses and just buy the car that we want if it's produced. Voting with your wallet is important because soon, good enthusiast cars won't be produced because everyone waits for the used market. The used market can't exist if the cars aren't sold new first. It was part of the reason I even got into the ATS lease...to vote for its existence. I'd be surprised if the manual continues for long, doe...clearly nobody wants them. But then all the enthusiasts bitch when they're not available.

rs999

Go Kart Champion
Safety crap has to be added to pass Murican standards. Not easy to unbolt, IIRC.

Still, at some point we need to stop being cheapasses and just buy the car that we want if it's produced. Voting with your wallet is important because soon, good enthusiast cars won't be produced because everyone waits for the used market. The used market can't exist if the cars aren't sold new first. It was part of the reason I even got into the ATS lease...to vote for its existence. I'd be surprised if the manual continues for long, doe...clearly nobody wants them. But then all the enthusiasts bitch when they're not available.

The auto industry, like any industry, needs to make money. Vanilla cars make money because the people that buy them like to buy new. Enthusiasts are too focused on "finances" to buy the cars they actually want, completely screwing up the equation (I am extremely guilty of this). We can't complain when all the good cars are gone because we're all too cheap to buy them when they're made new.

So true. Make a Kinja blog and post this on Jalopnik. After that talk about the next car DeMuro is buying or the lack of manual, V8, RWD wagons.

rs999

Go Kart Champion
Watching it launch out of the hole is even crazier

I think the hellcat and the tesla should have been closer. That hellcat driver did not know how to launch. It looked like he kept overpowering the tires which caused the car to kick in traction control or something.