GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Big Turbo Discussion Thread #2

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
It's pretty pointless on BT. It just spins.
I have both the N2MB box and Eurodyne. I have "launch control" on Maestro turned off, but I can build ~5psi on the WOT box set at 4k RPM. I never use it though, except when I mess around doing burnouts.

With that being said, it's pretty easy to set up Anti-Lag on Eurodyne (aka bang-pop-bang 20psi). Set launch control or 2step to what RPM you want on whatever device you want to use (either Maestro or WOT Box).

Log it with Maestro Logger on the launch control RPM you want. Play it back and see where it lands in the timing and power enrichment maps. Retard timing and add fueling for those cells. After that you'll be all cambergang fanboi H2Oi ready throwing flames :lol:

I just leaked beer out of my mouth from laughing at this.

ryanbmk6

Ready to race!
Hey guys, it's been a while sense I've posted on this thread. But I've finally made the decision to keep my gti and go big turbo. So I need some advice from you guys!

Right now I'm k04. Never dynoed the car but I fee I'm making around 300 whee horse power. I want to make 400wheel.

So goal of 400whp. I need to keep stock internals. I'd like to keep stock injectors if possible. I've seen that uni started selling a set of injectors for our car!? That's pretty awesome. But $1000 is a lot, and for now I'd like not to use them. (Open to that in the future for more power)

Open to turbos. Not really sure what I need.

And I WILL be running meth. I'm going to be I talking meth pretty soon on my k04 set up. So I will have meth for the BT set up.

So 400whp with meth and as stock as possible motor. What do u guys think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
Hey guys, it's been a while sense I've posted on this thread. But I've finally made the decision to keep my gti and go big turbo. So I need some advice from you guys!

Right now I'm k04. Never dynoed the car but I fee I'm making around 300 whee horse power. I want to make 400wheel.

So goal of 400whp. I need to keep stock internals. I'd like to keep stock injectors if possible. I've seen that uni started selling a set of injectors for our car!? That's pretty awesome. But $1000 is a lot, and for now I'd like not to use them. (Open to that in the future for more power)

Open to turbos. Not really sure what I need.

And I WILL be running meth. I'm going to be I talking meth pretty soon on my k04 set up. So I will have meth for the BT set up.

So 400whp with meth and as stock as possible motor. What do u guys think?

Go Aquamist for DPI to cover fueling.
CTS GT30 kit or GTX depending on budget, but both will get you to 400whp. GTX will spool quicker. If buying new, GTX is the better option for an extra $300.
TTRS pump and controller.

You can do a GTX28-29 as well. But you might as well start with the bigger turbo so you have headroom when 400whp isn't enough :iono:

ryanbmk6

Ready to race!

CTS GT30 kit or GTX depending on budget, but both will get you to 400whp. GTX will spool quicker. If buying new, GTX is the better option for an extra $300.

You can do a GTX28-29 as well. But you might as well start with the bigger turbo so you have headroom when 400whp isn't enough :iono:[/

So direct port meth injection, low pressure fuel pump and gt30? Sounds awesome and doable. And yeah I'll do the gt30. I do want room to grow, because of course 400 won't be enough once I make it [emoji23]

ryanbmk6

Ready to race!
Also the second two number represents the size of the hot size, they range from 67-76. Obvious the 76 is going to be the larger hot side, so that will have a lot more top end, but the smaller hot side will spoil faster correct?

What would you guys recommend for our cars?

A3-Owner

Ready to race!

You can do a GTX28-29 as well. But you might as well start with the bigger turbo so you have headroom when 400whp isn't enough :iono:[/

So direct port meth injection, low pressure fuel pump and gt30? Sounds awesome and doable. And yeah I'll do the gt30. I do want room to grow, because of course 400 won't be enough once I make it [emoji23]

Largest injectors you can find for the TSI motor. Save money and go with these. I think Uni's injectors are the LNF injectors which are smaller then these ZZP injectors and Uni's cost three times as much.

http://zzperformance.com/ecotec/fueling/opel-hp-direct-injection-fuel-injectors.html

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
Also the second two number represents the size of the hot size, they range from 67-76. Obvious the 76 is going to be the larger hot side, so that will have a lot more top end, but the smaller hot side will spoil faster correct?

no on Garrett its opposite 67-76 is compressor. If all you want is 400-425 whp gtx2967 gets my vote. fast spool and does not get as hot up top as the gt28 turbine.

I have a gt3071r daily and its prob about 450chp so right about were you want to be and its just pump fuel no WMI. the gtx2967 will most likely have a little better torque curve of what I have

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion

For GT30 Series turbos, the two most common are either GT3071 or GT3076. 76 will have more top end, but spool like a dog. In my opinion the 71 is the better choice and will let you hit your goals +100whp pretty easily.

Largest injectors you can find for the TSI motor. Save money and go with these. I think Uni's injectors are the LNF injectors which are smaller then these ZZP injectors and Uni's cost three times as much.

http://zzperformance.com/ecotec/fueling/opel-hp-direct-injection-fuel-injectors.html

I don't have any concrete proof, but I really think DPI will cover most of our fueling needs. At least for 400whp they will for sure. Over that, I really think a 5th injector is much more beneficial than upgrading primary injectors. Leaves a LOT more headroom.

If you aren't doing meth or a 5th, then yes upgraded injectors are the better route.

Granted, I have the "APR (LNF)" Injectors and DPI meth, but even on 30psi my injection times are like 5ms. On 20psi, no injectors and no meth they were ~8-9. On 22-24psi, no meth, with injectors, they were still ~7ms. The injectors don't seem to increase headroom all that much.

Sspcivic31

Drag Race Newbie
If you want those opel zzp injectors, fuel rail, harness the best time to buy if you can wait is black friday. Last few years they have been $250 for their bf sale.
If your build can wait.

ryanbmk6

Ready to race!
If you want those opel zzp injectors, fuel rail, harness the best time to buy if you can wait is black friday. Last few years they have been $250 for their bf sale.
If your build can wait.

It can and will wait. So I will for sure keep that in mind thanks! It'll probably be spring before I'm ready to put the turbo on.

Plan is to get the aquamist set up on my k04. Get light weight wheels and tires. Do some level of brake upgrades (not sure what yet, car will really be a roll/street racing car.) probably coilovers, then the big turbo. So I have time to search around and wait for deals.

Water meth will be within the next couple months.

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
Unitronic or Eurodyne?

I've had great luck with Eurodyne, and the highest HP TSI runs Eurodyne. And you can run whatever injectors/pump/5th injector/whatever you want. Make sure you are either ready to learn tuning or ready to pay someone to tune it though.

Unitronic seems to run well, but you have to buy their $2k fuel system. I won't ever recommend them after my past experiences though.

ryanbmk6

Ready to race!
I've had great luck with Eurodyne, and the highest HP TSI runs Eurodyne. And you can run whatever injectors/pump/5th injector/whatever you want. Make sure you are either ready to learn tuning or ready to pay someone to tune it though.

Unitronic seems to run well, but you have to buy their $2k fuel system. I won't ever recommend them after my past experiences though.

Eww, screw that. So they won't be friendly if I don't buy their kit? Sounds like apr....

I am open to learning how to tune. Probably going to pay someone first though. Gotta check with RAI to see if they do dyno tunes. They're probably the best shop relatively close by.