GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Boost Gauge for R

Sandok

Passed Driver's Ed
If given the choice, I'd go for the AWE, but the needle on the R is blue and the red would just suck :(

Stevenryleyp

This thread is far past being old, does anyone know of more boost gauges for the R that are out now? I love the Newsouth performance gauge so if there are any similar that would be ideal. Just trying to make the right choice and these threads are old.

audiohs

Passed Driver's Ed
This thread is far past being old, does anyone know of more boost gauges for the R that are out now? I love the Newsouth performance gauge so if there are any similar that would be ideal. Just trying to make the right choice and these threads are old.
I really like the NSP gauge. It matches the OE gauges very well. Overall the kit is pretty good. I had two small issues with installation:
- the ventpod piece was a bit finnicky trying to fit. It kept popping back out so I had to hold it together while installing it back into the dash
- the boost tap that they provide is not very sturdy. Mine broke. I ended up ordering a boost tap from Podi. I also used some extra rubber hose I had to give me more slack to run the boost line in the engine compartment.

Overall, the gauge works well and looks great. No chatter and seems responsive.

-SnowmanMafia-

Passed Driver's Ed
The NSP gauge is the only one with a blue needle that I know of.

I installed a Passport Evo digital gauge that is white. '

totalrecall98

I agree with audiohs. The NewSouth Performance boost gauge fits in nicely with the analog gauges of the R.

Previously, I had the P3 Cars digital boost gauge on my wish list but that changed after seeing the NSP gauge in a video of an owner doing a walkaround of his Golf R mods.

http://www.ngpracing.com/newstore/new-south-performance-52mm-white-with-blue-needle-30hg-30psi-boost-gauge-for-golf-r.html

The vent pod and trim ring are separate items sold on NGP. ECS Tuning sells a complete kit but NSP boost gauge has a red needle. Price is about same between the two vendors.

-SnowmanMafia-

Passed Driver's Ed