GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Forgive an old man, but why so low?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buferd

Ready to race!
I'm 24 and I have to agree, it's just not my thing, but to each their own.

I'm stock height and I find the car to be fairly low, just about low enough. If I get bored I may look at DG springs and maybe koni FSD. But to be honest in NJ during the winter i feel like the front bumper will turn into a plow on snowy days :yikes:

yep that's me too. Which is why I will be keeping my future GTI stock height

SayaGTI

www.meatspin.com
GTI is stock so we'll use my Z for reference.

1" drop
Forgestar F14
18x9+20 265/35/18
18x11+23 295/35/18

My current set up
Sportline TE.6
19x9.5+22 265/30/19
19x10.5+22 305/30/19

I like lowered cars but Hellaflush on a sportscar means its an oxymoron. It can't perform the things that it was purposely built for.

Buferd

Ready to race!
it appears we "stock ride height" are in the minority here?[/QUOTE said:
Yeah. I'm 27 and I just don't know why you would go so low to make the car a pain to drive anywhere

D Griff

Go Kart Champion

To bring some flavor into this...

Lol... this car or a similar one (can't remember it's color) is here in my town. I've seen it driving home from work three times... I'm always blown away that someone jacked up their Rabbit. Dat front wheel drive setup is the best for offroading. At least lift an R haha.

Personally, I think slammed cars are pretty cool looking. I hate stretched tires and "tire poke" but a nice drastic lowering with appropriate wheels is cool in my book. I would NEVER do it though, I like my stock suspension. My Civic was lowered too much and it was obnoxious. Looked awesome though.

NTT5418

Ready to race!
To be completely honest, I have never been a fan of the slammed look...and I'm 21. :yikes:

To each their own I guess, but I prefer the clean look of a stock GTI.

Shini

Go Kart Champion
These are the only cars (imo) that look good slammed

SayaGTI

www.meatspin.com
:mad0259:
Open your closed mind. Much easier to make judgement based on opinion rather than research.

Check out the AirRex Subaru on the autocross track at http://airrex-usa.com/

I've done the research. Still don't like the stretched tires and laying frame when a tiny bump in the road presents itself. Airbags are a nightmare for the 350Z. There are plenty of member journals to attest to that on my350z.

ltdan48

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm currently rocking the stock suspension and I don't think it looks bad at all. I'm tossing around the idea of some DG springs to bring it down a bit, but still keep the function. I had a Miata that was lowered on some H&R springs, but that was purpose built for auto-x. It handled most roads pretty well, but on crappy roads it definitely got uncomfortable. BTW I'm 27, but I've abused my body too much and I've got a bad knee with arthritis and all kinds of other aches and pains, and that combined with being 6'2", doesn't make it easy to get into a slammed vehicle. Plus that's just not my style...

Shini

Go Kart Champion
Friend of mine who works at the VW dealer in town told me if I lowered my car anymore than it is, they wouldn't be able to get it on the lifts for repair work, so apparently the stock suspension is the lowest I could even go regardless

Powling

Ready to race!
These are the only cars (imo) that look good slammed

Agreed. I think a WRC car in Monte Carlo setup is the best look a car could ever get.

Powling

Ready to race!
Friend of mine who works at the VW dealer in town told me if I lowered my car anymore than it is, they wouldn't be able to get it on the lifts for repair work, so apparently the stock suspension is the lowest I could even go regardless

This happened to me last week. Went in to get an alignment and they said I was too low to get onto the alignment machine. Haha.

MMM.PWR

Ready to race!
I'm 25 and age has nothing to do with it.

I'm done with lowering my cars to the point where I can't enjoy them. Right now I'm stock height, but a few years from now I wouldn't mind a nice coilover setup. Can't go too low because it's a hassle and as others have said you just won't be able to enjoy the car due to pot holes / steep driveways.

Here's my old AP2 in the middle (next to the Elise) on coilovers. THAT was too low.

CFG9000

Ready to race!
I too wonder why people want their cars to look like the suspension's collapsed :iono:

Status
Not open for further replies.