GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

American Stock GTI vs German GTI

zakriedieh

I was wondering what will be the difference between an American GTI 200 HP and a German GTI 212 HP?

Is it a big difference, is the performance in means of accelration different by any means?

DXBGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
I would think 12 HP isnt going to make a lot of difference, there are a lot of factors to consider:

air temperature
driver/passenger weight
fuel grade
etc
etc

zakriedieh

Hey there DXB GTI where did you get flashed in Dubai? here in Kuwait its not easy to find a good one and ABT are bunch of theives :) Is there a good one you can name

Thanks

whalesalad

Ready to race!
Hey there DXB GTI where did you get flashed in Dubai? here in Kuwait its not easy to find a good one and ABT are bunch of theives :) Is there a good one you can name

Thanks

Mail your ECU to APR? You won't have to pay install fees either ;) This assumes you can live without your car for the duration of shipping it.

GDOGGTI

Go Kart Champion
I always wondered the same thing, and also wonder why they didnt bring the 212 HP GTI here

maverick_uae

Passed Driver's Ed

Thanks

TAM AUTO ENGINEERING.. they're the dealers for Revo in Dubai. Got mine done from there and I've been lovin' it!

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
^
How do you like your Revo dealer BTW...i am thinking of driving to the UAE to get mine chipped stage2 + dp!

PS do the roads suck?

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
^
How do you like your Revo dealer BTW...i am thinking of driving to the UAE to get mine chipped stage2 + dp!

PS do the roads suck?

maverick_uae

Passed Driver's Ed
^

PS do the roads suck?

they are good! i got my forge BOV and my Revo from them!

i have no idea bout the road to qatar but i'm guessing they're not too bad! i was thinkin of drivin down sometime in jan to meet a coupla friends in dukhan!

dragonslayer33101

Ready to race!
yea i think so too.. read about it somewhere that its advertised as 200hp to cut down on some kinda import tax!

I asked my sales guy once he said it was advertising so that the audi models, except the A3, looked like they had more power

Submerge

Ready to race!
I asked my sales guy once he said it was advertising so that the audi models, except the A3, looked like they had more power

I heard the same thing...makes sense. Some corporate move to make the nearly identical A3 more feasable for its price point. Seems like the US GTIs are underrated, since most dynos are posting 198 HP at the wheels...I'm guessing that translates to a little more than just 200HP.:)

GDOGGTI

Go Kart Champion
I heard the same thing...makes sense. Some corporate move to make the nearly identical A3 more feasable for its price point. Seems like the US GTIs are underrated, since most dynos are posting 198 HP at the wheels...I'm guessing that translates to a little more than just 200HP.:)

:O Niceee.. does anyone have the formula to get the engine HP nearby? lol