GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Pic request! H&R Sport or VWR springs

JhnR

Banned
NICE

Stifun

Ready to race!
How much are you guy's with Lowering Springs paying for the Labor on the install.

As I just called a local VW dealer and they stated a cost of $980+tax and another aftermarket shop and they quoted me $500.00 estimate.'

That is just ridiculous is it that hard of an install both are saying 4-5hrs of labor.

Sorry had to vent as I want to lower my R but this cost is upsetting me.

sprytdi

Ready to race!
Edit: Crap, just realized this the R section. Sorry about that, just try to enjoy it.

My 4 door DSG on VWR springs:

Doooood, there is a ghost in this picture:eek: lol did you extend the aperture of this shot?

Looks clean btw, I have a CW R I've been thinking needs some black wheels, this pic isn't helping me keep money in my wallet:laugh:

Csg_r

Ready to race!
How much are you guy's with Lowering Springs paying for the Labor on the install.

As I just called a local VW dealer and they stated a cost of $980+tax and another aftermarket shop and they quoted me $500.00 estimate.'

That is just ridiculous is it that hard of an install both are saying 4-5hrs of labor.

Sorry had to vent as I want to lower my R but this cost is upsetting me.

It depends on where you live but any reputBle shop will charge between 300 to 400 from what I see.

If you are somewhat comfortable working on car + have tools, there are plenty of DIY to help you out.

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
Do H&R sports (not super sports) work with stock shocks/dampers?

I am at 13k miles. Very gently driven, no track. Wondering how long the shocks/dampers will last with the VWR/DG/H&R sports.

You can use stock shocks with H&R sports - the ride might be a bit bouncy as they are progressive not linear like the VWR/DGs

9V7W3

Ready to race!
H&R OE Sport

I don't have an equal before pic handy but close enough, but this is my R on H&R OE Sport Springs, stock struts.. This was after they settled at about 6 months. Both pics on 18"x8" wheels.. Same tires.. The OE sports are less aggressive than super sports and they were rated at 3/4" drop which was true until they settled in, now I messured closer to 1" front and rear.. BUT couldn't be happier.. The ride quality I would say improved dramatically over stock springs, much smoother over bumps and cornering much better as well. I'm in my R about 6 hours a day average, it's my daily.

Before

After