GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Perfect winter wheel/tire set up

xalfa

Passed Driver's Ed
I've got a near new set of 215/45-18 Blizzak LM-60s mounted on stock R32 Omantys wheels (7.5x18 ET51) if anyone is looking for a nice looking winter set up. These made my R just about unstoppable in the snow. PM me if interested.

brough74

Very simalar to my set up, but i have them on old audi alloys that are 8 x 18 ET48, i think 8 inch are slightly too wide so these will be perfect for someone. Probably best if you put a price up and a location.

lemarin

Ready to race!
I kept my current setup, from my previous Golf TDI 2010, which is 17" OEM anthracite Goal, running Nokian Hakkapellita 7 studded tires, 205/50R17. It clears just enough the front Calipers....

Also the Goals are very easy wheel to clean, in case snow/ice get stuck behind it.

AWD+studded tires=fun in deep snow/ice.

Cptn Slow

I kept my current setup, from my previous Golf TDI 2010, which is 17" OEM anthracite Goal, running Nokian Hakkapellita 7 studded tires, 205/50R17. It clears just enough the front Calipers....

Also the Goals are very easy wheel to clean, in case snow/ice get stuck behind it.

AWD+studded tires=fun in deep snow/ice.

Hmmm, looking at the rotation arrow on your LH FR, it seems that wheel is installed backwards?! :iono:

Speaking of winter tires, would you, by any chance, have pics (top or side view) showing how much 205s are tucked inside wheel well?? I was planning on getting 205s as my winter set-up but am having second thoughts as I may not like them tucked in too much vs 225/45R17 on 17x7"??
:confused:

Thx! :)

PS. I used to have '10 TDi and "graduated" to RB R like yourself... :w00t:

xalfa

Passed Driver's Ed
Hmmm, looking at the rotation arrow on your LH FR, it seems that wheel is installed backwards?! :iono:

Yeah, looks like we have a problem there... that's going to result in sub-optimal snow traction. :eek:

The Blizzak/Omantys set up in the original post is now posted in the Marketplace as well. Asking $1200 obo. Located in San Francisco Bay area, but willing to ship. PM me if interested.

lemarin

Ready to race!
Guys.....on the pictures, I was just testing the clearance of my 17's with the front calipers of my new R......Don't worry, there's no snow yet in my area ! I know the tire is not the right way on the car...

BTW I'm driving those same Blizzak tires on my S4 for the winter, and they work great. I could'nt find any Nokian studded tires in my size....245/40ZR18 (summer tires are 255/35ZR19)

lemarin

Ready to race!
Speaking of winter tires, would you, by any chance, have pics (top or side view) showing how much 205s are tucked inside wheel well?? I was planning on getting 205s as my winter set-up but am having second thoughts as I may not like them tucked in too much vs 225/45R17 on 17x7"??

I'll install the tires on the R only by the end of october, mid-november.

But here's how it looks like on my previous TDI with full Votex kit:

With the 1.5" drop + Votex kit, the 17's seems quite far inside the wheel passage, but without the Votex kit it's not so bad.