GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Can I run a GFB DV+ with a Uni DV Relocate?

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
Its not "for no apparent reason" its because it does not operate like a true dv valve with the extra spring nor as intended.

You want your dv to react as fast as possible with the way the dv+ with the spring its not the case. It relies on boost to physically open thus its slow (its like no hooking up vacuum lines to a pneumatic dv in a sense or putting to heavy springs in it). Then because of that 100% of excess does not pass through it. Both situations is why there is a DV in the first place....

Somebody posted some logs about the DV+, that reacts faster at low RPM while the OEM DV is faster at high RPM, wonder now if that deficiency at low RPM is actually cured with the Uni Relocation kit...?

See my review.
http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2113362#post2113362
All i know is of my 3 setups, the DV+ made the car run the worst. Now I am a stage 2 Uni Golf R and FSI, but just saying what my findings were on my specific car. Really well made nice piece, but made my car suck. Very odd that the BOV on mine is the best feeling setup.

Awesome video, my car sounds just like that with the OEM DV.

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
Somebody posted some logs about the DV+, that reacts faster at low RPM while the OEM DV is faster at high RPM, wonder now if that deficiency at low RPM is actually cured with the Uni Relocation kit...?

Awesome video, my car sounds just like that with the OEM DV.

What were they logging to make that call? I doubt vcds is even fast enough one and two if they logged dv duty cycle its controlled by the ecu and its litterly a log of what the ecu tells it to do so the would not show it being faster or not. If there was a true position sensor like some was gates and I believe synapse if coming out with a position sensor on their dv/bovs then it could show what its doing but we don't have those sensors.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Somebody posted some logs about the DV+, that reacts faster at low RPM while the OEM DV is faster at high RPM]

I think having boost come on 200-300 rpm sooner is more valuable than top end gear change response for most people. My personal logs showed this boost coming on sooner. That is why at least half of the forum regulars run this.

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
What were they logging to make that call? I doubt vcds is even fast enough one and two if they logged dv duty cycle its controlled by the ecu and its litterly a log of what the ecu tells it to do so the would not show it being faster or not. If there was a true position sensor like some was gates and I believe synapse if coming out with a position sensor on their dv/bovs then it could show what its doing but we don't have those sensors.

Got it.

I think having boost come on 200-300 rpm sooner is more valuable than top end gear change response for most people. My personal logs showed this boost coming on sooner. That is why at least half of the forum regulars run this.

It all depends, I rather have the last word at high end, now my attention is towards to keep the OEM DV and eventually consider just the Uni relo kit to compensate the real issue (at least what they claim), without making another one: Low RPM.

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
before i went back to the rev d dv an the gfb dv+ i had a forge dv an there spacer on the unitronic relocation kit.. never had a problem besides when shifting there was a delay so i got rid of the forge set up an went with the rev d an gfb the difference was night an day barely any lag in between shifts an throttle response was way better. so far i cant compain using this set up with unis relocation kit

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
No no. Everyone get a snapsys mechanical valve.. And add a bunch of sensors to it so you can log it being slower than stock..