GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

WASHER FLUID LIGHT WONT GO OFF!!!!

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
Moral of the story.....don't use RAIN-X orange windshield fluid. Go with the cheap blue stuff. Hell, they even carry it at your local gas station.

ashchuckton

Ready to race!
Real shame the Rain-x orange is very good washer fluid. Now I'll use cheap blue water for my VW.

ashchuckton

Ready to race!
Of course I can, but I don't want to deal with the sensor having a hissy fit about it. I may add killing that light to my list if vagcom wants.

Nineeightgolf

Ready to race!
Found it! Use VAG-COM to go into the instrument cluster and uncheck this box:

wanted to bump this image in case someone missed it. made my day.

Ajax_6154

Ready to race!
Sorry if it was posted but I found a fix.

After using rain x orange I got the light. After about 2 years i pulled the sensor to find it had completely clogged it. Cleaned it with some rubbing alcohol and reinstalled it. Filled with cheap blue and light is out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
to go with the guy who used Rain X im pretty sure i read on here when i first got my car the washer fluid system reallllllyyy dislikes any different style washer fluid in comparison to OEM fluid... i always just buy a bottle of concentrate from dealer and it last me like a year or so. Never had an issue

AM407

Autocross Champion
I've stayed away from the Rain-X, but am otherwise not fussy about what goes in the reservoir. I buy whatever's on sale at the local auto parts store: minus 35 blue, minus 40 green, summer pink...

Seven years and who knows how many dozens of bottles of washer fluid and I've also never had an issue.