GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

best battery for the money?

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
2 years is about right for these batteries. So 2 in 3.5 years isn't that far out of the norm.
You're kidding right? If you lived in Death Valley California, I would agree but I believe the vast majority get more than an average of 3 years on a battery.

EDIT: Still on Original battery in Tiguan and Golf, if it dies I will replace with a battery from Walmart. Maybe it's because I'm older but why would anyone want to downsize to a smaller battery. If the weight of the battery is an issue, you have bigger problems.

Last edited:

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
You're kidding right? If you lived in Death Valley California, I would agree but I believe the vast majority get more than an average of 3 years on a battery.

EDIT: Still on Original battery in Tiguan and Golf, if it dies I will replace with a battery from Walmart. Maybe it's because I'm older but why would anyone want to downsize to a smaller battery. If the weight of the battery is an issue, you have bigger problems.

Sweet. Consider yourself lucky :iono:

FF_animal

Ready to race!
Any one get that dealer bullsh@t saying the battery needs to be "programmed" when installed lol they told my gf that when I picked up her battery from them. Said I should have them install it LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
Not sure if registering batteries on GTI is a thing or not. There are some cars that do require that to be done. Next time I'm near my dealer I'll ask my friendly service adviser.

Speeddemon691

Go Kart Champion
Any one get that dealer bullsh@t saying the battery needs to be "programmed" when installed lol they told my gf that when I picked up her battery from them. Said I should have them install it LOL

Hahaha....they told me that when I went to change out my ex girls car. I'm like just sell me the battery rookie. People think I'm stupid or some shit.

FF_animal

Ready to race!
Hahaha....they told me that when I went to change out my ex girls car. I'm like just sell me the battery rookie. People think I'm stupid or some shit.

Yea I laughed. Sad thing is before she got with me she had a previous vw and they sold her on the "programming" battery gimmick.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Spoke to a Mechanic yesterday on batteries dying early, he says that when you get out of your MK6 and lock the doors and walk away the interior lights can stay on until you unlock the car; this can run your battery down and cause the battery to fail prematurely. After he mentioned this I recall returning to the car several times and found the lights on, hmmm food for thought, eh.

gijoewoz

Go Kart Champion
Spoke to a Mechanic yesterday on batteries dying early, he says that when you get out of your MK6 and lock the doors and walk away the interior lights can stay on until you unlock the car; this can run your battery down and cause the battery to fail prematurely. After he mentioned this I recall returning to the car several times and found the lights on, hmmm food for thought, eh.

That's not normal, and certainly doesn't happen in mine. Mine is a 2014 and even if I intentionally turn the interior lights on (switch to on, not door), they turn off after a few minutes. They've been discontinued, but the Die Hard Platinum batteries are among the best you can get. If there are still some on the shelf at Sears then grab one!