GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

4 Door Seats in a 2 Door, swap possible?

SopSauceBaus

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi All, I've been searching for awhile now and I'm not able to find any concrete proof if anyone has been able to do this before. I found a really good deal on some leather seats from a GTI that I feel would be a great upgrade from my cloth interior. The only issue is the seats come from a 4 door, and since my 2 door does not have the power recline feature that the 4 door seats have, this might be an issue. Does anyone know if 2 door cars come with a provision for that power recline connector, or if this swap is even possible? Any insight would be super helpful, like I said I haven't been able to find much in terms of searching.

Thanks!

Phur

Autocross Champion
If I remember right, the 4-door seats lack the lever to lean forward and access the back seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SopSauceBaus

Passed Driver's Ed
If I remember right, the 4-door seats lack the lever to lean forward and access the back seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not so much of a problem, no one sits in the back..I'm more concerned about me being able lean the seat back and forth lol

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Pretty sure the front seats are the same besides the lever to put the seats forward but the rears maybe different. I could be wrong.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
i'm positive they are the exact same fitment (rails) so yes they will swap in no problem. as others said just no lever

SopSauceBaus

Passed Driver's Ed
Thank you for the replies, I am not worried about the fitment of the seats. My question is, how will I get the power recline on the leather seats to work since my cloth seats have a manual recline knob.

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Thank you for the replies, I am not worried about the fitment of the seats. My question is, how will I get the power recline on the leather seats to work since my cloth seats have a manual recline knob.

I thought all plaid seats were half power and manual. I'm sure just plugging them into the seat harness up front they will work poperly.... shouldn't need vagcom or any coding.

SopSauceBaus

Passed Driver's Ed
I thought all plaid seats were half power and manual. I'm sure just plugging them into the seat harness up front they will work poperly.... shouldn't need vagcom or any coding.

Thats only true with a 4 door car, all 2 door GTI's have full manual seats, leather or cloth.