GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Question about air suspension and euro tails

Aaron_1995

Passed Driver's Ed
I plan on purchasing an air ride kit from bag riders after graduation (https://www.bagriders.com/volkswage...t-mk2-air-lift-autopilot-v2-air-ride-kit.html). Is there anything else I would need to purchase other than the kit? Are different rear shocks needed? I see that there is an option to purchase different ones. What is the difference in buying new shocks? Do i need a water trap since I will be living in Florida?

I am also looking to purchase some euro tails. Has anyone heard of this company before? it is sold by prosport parts on the walmart website and seems really cheap for tails (https://www.walmart.com/ip/10-14-VW...9981&wl11=online&wl12=301289369&wl13=&veh=sem).

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
I know nothing about air ride but with regards to the tails In my opinion OEM are the way to go as the quality is just not there with ANY of the reps! The ones you link to are listed as being made by DEPO which are one of the better reps available but are no way comparable to originals when it comes to quality or longevity! The price is average or maybe even a little higher than some I’ve seen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
i paid $199 for my euro tails on ebay. Ive only had them a few months but they are working well and no issues as of yet.

corydd

Go Kart Champion
Yeah I had Depo taillights for 3 1/2 years and they still looked new by the time I sold the car. Unless OEM's have come down in price, I wouldn't say they're worth the $500-600 they normally sell for. Headlights, though, are a different story - as far as I know, only the Osrams are a decent alternative to OEM. The rest aren't worth the hassle.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I think the biggest problem with replica tail lights is fading. I didn't realize how faded my replicas were until I parked next to a guy with brand new lights. I've seen other people with the same issue. I also live in FL and my car sits outside 24/7 so it's seen a lot of sun in the 4 years I've had the lights. Everything on them still lights up just fine, they're just starting to look a little pinkish.

I'm gonna talk to my painter about having them sprayed later this week though, see if there's anything he can do to fix it for me.