GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Can't select music during bt-audio using steering wheel controls?

Hilfloskind

Go Kart Champion
yeah mdi sucks for me too. sometimes when i plug in my iphone, the beginning of the song will be skipped for 2-3 seconds.

New firmware resolved that skipping and sped up the interface. It's still not SD card speeds but definitely a huge improvement. Now if the SD cards outright have better audio quality, I might start reloading my music onto a few.

Deaks2

Ready to race!
yeah mdi sucks for me too. sometimes when i plug in my iphone, the beginning of the song will be skipped for 2-3 seconds.
There is a TSB for that. Search the forum, I can't find it right now.

Jacris

Ready to race!
I kept my iPod plugged in to Mdi cable (in arm rest slot). After about a month the iPod fried. Won't take a charge or turn on.

zanyrsc

Ready to race!
On my wife`s 2012 TDI she can skip to the next song using the steering wheel controls when listening to Blue tooth. on my 2010 GTI i cant.she can play the music without playing it on the phone.this has to be a new to the 2012 because the car sales men did not know the car could do that.by the way she has the nav radio. not sure if its the nav radio or the Blue Tooth letting her do that.I wish my GTI could do that.

bearJW

Ready to race!
SD Card sound quality is a lot better than bluetooth streaming. You can also set a higher sampling rate for your mp3s so it sounds even better.

BT Audio is terrible.

bearJW

Ready to race!
Well, choose what you like best... for some blue tooth streaming audio is fine. For me, it just sounds atrocious.

I use the mdi input for a usb thumb drive, and the sd slot. I set itunes to make mp3s at 320kbps.

Sounds great, and the interface is super quick.

I do use bt-audio for podcasts.