GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Catless question

Burntchicken

Ready to race!
So I just recently got a catless godspeed dowpipe with my resonator delete and I can't hear the spool when revving, I have a video of how mine sounds and how I wanted it to sound. Any answers to why and how I can get it to sound like that? Is it because I have a resonator delete instead of a muffler delete which would have been more straight through? Because I know the mkv don't have the huge suitcase muffler like us. Don't want to go straight pipes though. Thanks

Mine: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=S0pKqiFkoi8

How I wanted it to sound (same exhaust set up): http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uFmY8_xqOzo

REIGNSPEED

Ready to race!
The suitcase style OEM rear muffler really quietens down the exhaust. Not surprised you aren't getting that sound you are after with just a res delete.

finallyamused

Ready to race!
The suitcase style OEM rear muffler really quietens down the exhaust. Not surprised you aren't getting that sound you are after with just a res delete.

I have the stock cat-back and the godspeed dp, i definitely hear the turbo spooling up even with the stock cat-back. Is the neuspeed intake an open air intake?

Burntchicken

Ready to race!
I have the stock cat-back and the godspeed dp, i definitely hear the turbo spooling up even with the stock cat-back. Is the neuspeed intake an open air intake?

Yes, I can hear the spool through the intake of course, but not through the exhaust like the other video... Will getting a tune do anything for this issue?

Austin_W

Go Kart Champion
Yes, I can hear the spool through the intake of course, but not through the exhaust like the other video... Will getting a tune do anything for this issue?

You're also comparing the MK5 exhaust design to the MK6. The axel-back muffler on our cars is pretty suffocating. Don't get a tune just cause you want to hear the turbo spool, get one cause you want to get the most out of your car, and hearing additional turbo noise will be a nice accompaniment.

Burntchicken

Ready to race!
You're also comparing the MK5 exhaust design to the MK6. The axel-back muffler on our cars is pretty suffocating. Don't get a tune just cause you want to hear the turbo spool, get one cause you want to get the most out of your car, and hearing additional turbo noise will be a nice accompaniment.

Of course, I'm getting one soon anyways for performance reasons not sound, I was just curious ha

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
Get the low profile hood striping from Modshack but don't ask to suck my dick afterwards because I don't go that way.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
removing the hood blanket is what made mine louder. but i've never been able to hear it through the exhaust. any spool sound should come from the intake.

Fleron2301

Go Kart Champion
With my setup (200-cel catted DP + Magnaflow Catback) I can hear the spool through the exhaust, but very lightly. It's there though. It's new since I installed the Magnaflow exhaust, wasn't there DP + Stock DP. (Intake sounds are the same of course)

kern417

Go Kart Champion
i guess. i had a apr turboback and couldn't hear it, but after removing my hood blanket it's very noticeable to me. i can hear it with the windows up sometimes.

Burntchicken

Ready to race!
Thanks guys, and just to clarify, I meant spool sound through the exhaust for you guys talking about intakes and such