GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Old 04-30-2015, 03:38 PM   #1
gliitch
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2011 Golf TDI 6m
Any knowledge about mk4 I can get help with diagnosis?

Hey guys, I dont trust too many sites out there so thought maybe you folks could help me. I am looking at a mk4 GTI to pick up as a beater. I found an 05 in blue with the 1.8t and 5 speed which is what I want. Problem is it has a slight black smoke coming from the tail pipe at idle, and shoots a puff of black smoke on acceleration (or reving motor). I know that is symptoms for a rich fuel mixture. The care has aftermarket downpipe, turbo back, and revo stage 2 tune.

Any general mk4 knowledge of things that generally go wrong with them that might cause this? I dont want to get myself into a money pit, but if this is a simple common problem (are the injectors crap on this model, or does the maf die alot?) and I can get it for a mint it might be worth it.

Thanks,

Dominik
gliitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 09:27 PM   #2
Velociraptor Thrust
FIA GT Champion

Drives: MK6 & G35
wrong section. post in the General Car News and Discussion, more people might help ya there. I got a lot of answers there about an STI... WRX...

Last edited by Velociraptor Thrust; 04-30-2015 at 09:28 PM. Reason: had to clarify I'm NOT talking about an STD
Velociraptor Thrust is offline   Reply With Quote