GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fuel pump? Stage 2? Stage 2+? Stage 2+ and intercooler? Stage 3?

edlevy

I've already gone to stage 1. Exploring options. I've been quoted a grand to buy a fuel pump to go to stage 1+. Stage 2 would be another $1700. I've been told that while an intercooler would give me a boost of about 12 HP the HP and torque would last longer across the power band. With the stage 2+ and an intercooler I'm looking at $4k.
So my questions are:
1. Should I add in a pump to begin with and then start adding in stage 2 stuff after some time?
2. Would a catted downpipe with the stage 2 flash be a good place to start and then add in a fuel pump?
3. Should I just go to stage 2+ and forget the intercooler and it's "more HP and torque across the power band"?
4. Just suck it up and spend $4k for downpipe, pump and intercooler?
5. If I'm going to spend $4k, should I skip everything and go to stage 3? Is stage 3 too much for an everyday mostly city driver? Is stage 2+ too much?
6. Is there a more cost-effective way to go beyond a stage 1 tune in order to get an additional way to get 20-50 HP?
7. What's the most logical way to graduate to new stuff over time?

Sorry for the long-winded questions.

Thanks and have a great weekend!

Ed

mamock116

Ready to race!
where are you getting these crazy prices from? you can get these parts way cheaper. All that is needed for stg2 is a downpipe, not full exhaust.

-SnowmanMafia-

Passed Driver's Ed
Stage 2 is like 600 bucks for the tune and 700 for a down pipe. Where are you getting these numbers?

At the end of the day you may need a clutch which will cost $$$ but just to go stage 2 your numbers are way off.

Edit: you're in Denver. Did you get these quotes from BlueWater? lol