GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Flash Tunes Released for the MK6 GTI

FriggenT1

Banned
Unless you are k04 or bigger there really isn't some undiscovered power you gain from custom tune. The tune may be better suited for your gas quality, intercooler, etc but its still stage 1 or stage 2.
If you have apr already, just get apr crackles. No need to reinvent your boat.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The differences I've seen were the stage 2 unitronic tune the one guy (forgot his sn) and a Cobb protune. Differences in power were pretty substantial though.

thatspsychotic

Ready to race!
I have the AP but i cant experience stratification as my car isn't supported on the current firmware!!

Can you elaborate on this? Box code?

CHerna

Ready to race!
So far it's only the MK7. I saw on the MK7 - MQB FB page. I got into it with a certain someone from APR when I mentioned my Stratified tuned car has had the feature for months. :laugh:

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
DAMN THAT SUCKS

APRS GAY ASS LOL
i dont think you will beat a new BMW M4.

twin turbo. 400-ftlbs of torque at 1800rpm... and 425hp or 444hp if performance package.

You aint beating any of that. k04 might keep up in a roll/not get freight trained. Big turbo for us is most likely whats needed to beat that stock.

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
He has apr right now, so his brother is saying there's no point for him to swap because of that.

I hated my apr tune, so it was worth it for me to get rid of it. I don't feel any quicker or slower really, but my car drives so much smoother and my surging is gone.

Being smoother and no surging is what matters the most. You don’t want to accelerate turbo failure with a surging tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

avni

Ready to race!
i dont think you will beat a new BMW M4.

twin turbo. 400-ftlbs of torque at 1800rpm... and 425hp or 444hp if performance package.

You aint beating any of that. k04 might keep up in a roll/not get freight trained. Big turbo for us is most likely whats needed to beat that stock.

Yeah I was being sarcastic

Hes running E85 as well its terrifyingly quick.

avni

Ready to race!
Being smoother and no surging is what matters the most. You don’t want to accelerate turbo failure with a surging tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what do you guys exactly mean by surging?

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie

I think it’s spinning the tubine faster than the engine can take in the air from the compressor. Which then puts pressure back on the compressor. It’s bad. I know that.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion

Maybe what I felt wasn't surging by definition, but I don't know what else to call it so I call it surging. It was basically just a loss of power around a certain RPM, like 2500-3000. It happened at various levels of throttle. I could be driving in traffic like a normal person and I could feel the power loss, or I could floor it and it would pull hard for a second, til it hit that rpm range, and then the power would just be almost completely gone, and then once it cleared past those rpms the power would come back and it'd pull strong again. It's like all of a sudden somebody blocked off all the air going into my intake and my car couldn't breath.

That wasn't my only issue though. The throttle pissed me off more than anything, it was so unbearable. It was extremely touchy. Slowly rising the RPMs from idle was an impossible task. The smallest touch of the throttle would make the RPMs jump at least 400 rpms. That meant accelerating from a dead stop was extremely annoying every single time. It was an issue even if I was rolling around a parking lot in 2nd gear at 800 rpms and if I would just barely touch the gas the car would want to take off, it always gave it way too much throttle, and I even felt it do that in third gear once.

I don't know why the tune was so terrible for me, but I just couldn't stand it anymore. I'm glad I didn't hold out for APR and wait for them to fix it, because that'll never happen. They've literally told someone with issues to go back to v1.2, so fuck those guys they don't deserve anyones money, and I'll continue to talk shit against APR forever.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
Maybe what I felt wasn't surging by definition, but I don't know what else to call it so I call it surging. It was basically just a loss of power around a certain RPM, like 2500-3000. It happened at various levels of throttle. I could be driving in traffic like a normal person and I could feel the power loss, or I could floor it and it would pull hard for a second, til it hit that rpm range, and then the power would just be almost completely gone, and then once it cleared past those rpms the power would come back and it'd pull strong again. It's like all of a sudden somebody blocked off all the air going into my intake and my car couldn't breath.

That wasn't my only issue though. The throttle pissed me off more than anything, it was so unbearable. It was extremely touchy. Slowly rising the RPMs from idle was an impossible task. The smallest touch of the throttle would make the RPMs jump at least 400 rpms. That meant accelerating from a dead stop was extremely annoying every single time. It was an issue even if I was rolling around a parking lot in 2nd gear at 800 rpms and if I would just barely touch the gas the car would want to take off, it always gave it way too much throttle, and I even felt it do that in third gear once.

I don't know why the tune was so terrible for me, but I just couldn't stand it anymore. I'm glad I didn't hold out for APR and wait for them to fix it, because that'll never happen. They've literally told someone with issues to go back to v1.2, so fuck those guys they don't deserve anyones money, and I'll continue to talk shit against APR forever.

Would need to log it to know for sure

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Would need to log it to know for sure

Way too late for that now. I did get some logs to try and work with APR to fix it, but I can't even remember what I ended up doing with them now. I switched to stratified months ago and it cleared up all my issues.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Way too late for that now. I did get some logs to try and work with APR to fix it, but I can't even remember what I ended up doing with them now. I switched to stratified months ago and it cleared up all my issues.
you put them in the trash folder along with their tune.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
you put them in the trash folder along with their tune.

;)

I wish I could remember what actually happened though...I find it hard to believe that I took logs 4-5 sets of logs twice (since I did it wrong the first time) and then did nothing with the logs. I'm pretty sure I tried to reach out to APR using the form on their website and never heard anything back.

brobst

Go Kart Champion
The differences I've seen were the stage 2 unitronic tune the one guy (forgot his sn) and a Cobb protune. Differences in power were pretty substantial though.
What are we talking here, slow pull, walking? 0-60, 30-100?
If it makes more, is it top end, mid range? I had eurodyne stg2 and rode in apr stg2, power shapes were different, but there is a max area for any turbo

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk