GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wheel Spin problem... Any ideas?

yoffer

Go Kart Newbie
Driver mod? Haha stg 1 on these cars is hardly worth noting really bad wheel spin. They spin in first and just some in second. First gear you cant really do anything, by time you have "modulated" the trottle its already time to shift, and in second if you feather the gas you'll end up being slower than you would if you had just floored it and ran the tires. Get a car that will spin through the top of fourth and then you'll really understand how to feather the throttle. The best thing at this point that you can do is get better tires, its as simple as that, feathering the throttle on shitty tires is useless.

speed

Ready to race!
I'm now stage 1 , and when I put the pedal down in second gear, the wheels just want to spin instead of putting the power to the road . Any suggestions? Maybe lower the front of the car to minimize weight going to the back when under WOT?
Also, if there is nothing that can be done, does this mean going stage 2 is pointless since my mk6 already can't put the power to the street?
* I'm new to tuning and figuring this stuff out , so any help will be appreciated!

stage 1 as they say is really torquey and contrary to your assumption, going stage 2 will smooth that out.

realistically speaking, there's only so much one can do with an FWD. so go figure..

excelevant

Go Kart Champion
Driver mod? Haha stg 1 on these cars is hardly worth noting really bad wheel spin. They spin in first and just some in second. First gear you cant really do anything, by time you have "modulated" the trottle its already time to shift, and in second if you feather the gas you'll end up being slower than you would if you had just floored it and ran the tires. Get a car that will spin through the top of fourth and then you'll really understand how to feather the throttle. The best thing at this point that you can do is get better tires, its as simple as that, feathering the throttle on shitty tires is useless.

:clap: Are we really talking about drag launches on a Golf message board? I have no experience with Stage 1 in first gear on stock tires, as it would have been a waste. For reference I equipped 235/45/17 and have no trouble with a fast launch in 1st, with no spin in 2nd about 95% of the time. Sure it will spin through the gear in an instant if I apply too much throttle, but the clutch pedal really helps get off the line without requesting too much torque from the ecu. I don't do this often, but after having some experience with the vehicle roughly an 1800rpm start with careful throttle application and clutch release will get the car moving through 1st surprisingly well for a front drive.

+1, new tires.

Last edited:

RABBIT FUR

Ready to race!

CLapperhighs

Go Kart Champion
Just Launch your car in reverse and then spin around real quick! Duh...its just like driving RWD. Haha

On a more serious note, The BSH insert is fantastic. No wheel hop anymore, just a bit of nice spin. Spin i can handle, but wheel hop is the worst! :mad: It was night and day after the insert. And the vibrations are extremely minimal. But what you do feel after the insert i've learned to love. Whenever i drive my buddies mk6 without the insert, his car feels so numb now, its weird. Its much nicer with the insert.

Shini

Go Kart Champion

^ This

Shini

Go Kart Champion
sell the GTI and take the city bus.

Screw the city bus's dood, if you're gonna get a bus, get a bus you can mod and go with a school bus.