GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Remote Start?

kwalton

Passed Driver's Ed
The mkvi's are a pretty easy install but if you are an extreme novice with 12v electronics I would suggest taking it to a professional. I have been doing this for 20+ years as well and nothing is worse than trying to clean up a diy gone wrong.

phd-12v

Go Kart Champion
The mkvi's are a pretty easy install but if you are an extreme novice with 12v electronics I would suggest taking it to a professional. I have been doing this for 20+ years as well and nothing is worse than trying to clean up a diy gone wrong.

this man speaks the truth.

PLUG AND PLAY will never happen on these vehicles. NEVER. LOL

now we do make some chrysler and dodge plug and play ones, with gm in the near future, but as it stands right now plug and play is impossible due to the differences between DSG vehicles and non DSG vehicles.

phd-12v

Go Kart Champion
Whats a ballpark cost figure for this type of setup?

i would say 300 installed for keyless entry and remote start. Remote start only may cut it down to say 275 ish. Because of the price of parts.

When you have veteren installers like kwalton and myself, it wont be much lower than that. Nothing is going to be 99 dollars installed on our cars. TRUST me when i say this.

if you do say an E2 and an al-ca and a UBM-3 your sitting at about 200 in product right there.

http://www.encoreautomotivesystems.com/Encore_Automotive_Systems/Model_E2.html

(shameless plug again)

this unit will do trunk release, oem arm and disarm, door locks and remote start. It also has the programming already in it to pulse the ignition to get the keyless to work after the can network has gone to sleep.

1/4 mile range is not unheard of either for this unit. if you want full alarm, then the E9 is what i use.

the Encore stuff is full 2 way data through the data port, as it was a combined product with Idatalink.

phd-12v

Go Kart Champion

i tested my car using pin 19 at the CECM with a standard 12v + on the eurq switch wire input for parking lights. Works perfect. So you dont have to do the relay setup. just a heads up in case you havent tried it. :thumbup:

pgard1

Ready to race!
i would say 300 installed for keyless entry and remote start. Remote start only may cut it down to say 275 ish. Because of the price of parts.

When you have veteren installers like kwalton and myself, it wont be much lower than that. Nothing is going to be 99 dollars installed on our cars. TRUST me when i say this.

if you do say an E2 and an al-ca and a UBM-3 your sitting at about 200 in product right there.

http://www.encoreautomotivesystems.com/Encore_Automotive_Systems/Model_E2.html

(shameless plug again)

this unit will do trunk release, oem arm and disarm, door locks and remote start. It also has the programming already in it to pulse the ignition to get the keyless to work after the can network has gone to sleep.

1/4 mile range is not unheard of either for this unit. if you want full alarm, then the E9 is what i use.

the Encore stuff is full 2 way data through the data port, as it was a combined product with Idatalink.

That sounds doable. I'd be looking to do this sometime in the next few mths. Shoot me a pm and we can work out the details.

kwalton

Passed Driver's Ed
i tested my car using pin 19 at the CECM with a standard 12v + on the eurq switch wire input for parking lights. Works perfect. So you dont have to do the relay setup. just a heads up in case you havent tried it. :thumbup:

I like the relay setup due to the light flashes on manual mode. It is easier to make sure it has been engaged. Good to know though!

CFG9000

Ready to race!
Is there a remote starter out there that would play nice with DSG + KESSY?

In this summer heat, it'd be nice to let my air run for a couple minutes before getting in.

phd-12v

Go Kart Champion
there is one coming..........we are doing the validation on the KESSY system now.

CFG9000

Ready to race!