GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Please help me diagnose (with videos)

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
lilfleck, thanks for the advice

When I put in my DV+ yesterday I checked all around the turbo for leaks and I didn't notice any. I'll probably go ahead and buy a vag-com though because it seems like a good investment for now and in the future

I asked earlier but I didn't get a response, is the Ross-Tech cable/software the only legit one for proper data-logging?

I think so. You can't use vagcom software w/o Ross-Tech's cable. The cable is serial/keyed to software.

The software/cable is definitely a great investment. My friend has one, so I use his, but it has been invaluable to me. I've been able to run logs, check codes, make adjustments/refinements, etc. It's very nice to have.

Cryptic19111

Go Kart Champion
don't buy a shitty knockoff ebay vag-com cable

Cryptic19111

Go Kart Champion
lol I wasn't planning on it. Are there any alternatives than the $250 one from ross-tech though?

nope, they are the only one with that software, and they want you to buy their cable to make it work. There are knockoffs, but they have issues

WaffleStomped

Passed Driver's Ed
Just thought I would update everyone on what i've been doing with the diagnosis.

I installed the Neuspeed K04 T.O.P., and the Neuspeeed Hi-Flo Charge pipe. The green gasket was in good shape with no tears. I tightened up every connection from the turbo to the throttle, then ran a boost leak test. I had no leaks up to 15psi of testing, but every time I would go above that, my attachment would blow off of the coupler connected to the turbo.

I didn't hear any leaks and ran my hand on every connection I could find and did not feel anything. The only time I felt a leak was on the hot side of the intercooler-T.O.P. where the green gasket is. If i would try to shake the T.O.P I would hear a hiss. I re-aligned the coupler with the retaining ring and did not notice a leak afterwards.

I also confirmed that there is an in-line filter connected to the Podi Boost Gauge, so I think the sender is in good shape. I noticed that the gauge occasionally "sticks" when I rev the car or just during normal driving.

I took it out and did some pulls, I noticed it boosted on average 2psi highe (17psi in 3rd opposed to the original 15psi, and about 19psi in 4th instead of 17), but it still not as high as it should be.

Here are some questions that I still have
1. Where are the most common boost leaks located? I didn't hear anything on the PCV system leaking. I also confirmed the PCV system is working properly by pulling the dipstick when the engine is running. (the car runs very rough when this is done)

2. Is there a way to see what APR file you are running? I took the shops word that it was the right file when I bought the car , but I wold like to double check this.

3. Has anyone experienced any Podi Boost Gauge failures?

Thanks for the help guys