GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

[Video]MK6 GTI Stage 1 DSG vs Stage 2 MT

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
I came across another MK6 GTI on my way back from "Mexico".
We did two runs, I was in 3rd gear at around 55mph the first one (0:20 mark in the video), second run I was in 2nd gear at around 35-40mph (about 1:12 in the video).

Second run my TB stuck part closed/open or whatever that gay shit that happens in manual cars where boost sticks at about 1-4psi. I lifted and re mashed the gas and boost came back like normal (as usual).

Here you be (fair warning, music is gaystep, and bad gaystep at that...I forgot to turn it down):

Talked to him for a couple minutes afterwards, which is when he told me he had APR (I believe) stage 1, as well as DSG. He was a cool cat, not sure if he's on here, but it'd be cool to see what other mods he has. :thumbsup:

Mogambo

Ready to race!
If we have learned anything here, it is that your music sucks and i cant believe that a person would allow that noise to be near them.

Otherwise, good job from a fellow six manner.

#sosickofhearingaboutdsg

CLapperhighs

Go Kart Champion
Cant stand that throttle body thing... i could be shifting so much quicker, but what's the point. :(

However i'll say this much. Since i installed my clutch stop, it hasn't happened once. And i've been shifting very fast testing everything.

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
Cant stand that throttle body thing... i could be shifting so much quicker, but what's the point. :(

However i'll say this much. Since i installed my clutch stop, it hasn't happened once. And i've been shifting very fast testing everything.

Tell me more... :D

Edit: Something like this?
http://www.burgertuning.com/clutch_stop_BMW.html

Edit 2: I just called Southbend to ask them about this; I was to always back sure the pedal goes all the way to the floor to avoid damaging anything. The guy at southbend said no, unless you have the clutch stop up too far, you won't hurt anything. If you hear grinding, you're up too far, otherwise you won't hurt a damn thing. So if this really does help keep that issue from happening in our cars, fuck yeah I'm all in on this!

Last edited:

CLapperhighs

Go Kart Champion
Tell me more... :D

Edit: Something like this?
http://www.burgertuning.com/clutch_stop_BMW.html

Edit 2: I just called Southbend to ask them about this; I was to always back sure the pedal goes all the way to the floor to avoid damaging anything. The guy at southbend said no, unless you have the clutch stop up too far, you won't hurt anything. If you hear grinding, you're up too far, otherwise you won't hurt a damn thing. So if this really does help keep that issue from happening in our cars, fuck yeah I'm all in on this!

That is exactly the one i bought. It's only 10 bucks. Even if it doesn't totally fix the issue, the shorter clutch and lower engagement on it are are totally with it. I shall do more testing on my way home!

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
DSG is pretty sweetastic on the shifts. I need that stage 2 in my life again (SOON).

Because you're in a completely different car, do you have to buy the tune again? I assume yes, which sucks since it wasn't by choice that you switched cars, but understandable from the tuner point of view.

excelevant

Go Kart Champion
Because you're in a completely different car, do you have to buy the tune again? I assume yes, which sucks since it wasn't by choice that you switched cars, but understandable from the tuner point of view.

Still, they should offer some discount IMO

newcarsmell

Go Kart Champion
nice!! one of my friends on here (WHY GTI) just traded in his Manual gti for a DSG and he's been loving it haha

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
nice!! one of my friends on here (WHY GTI) just traded in his Manual gti for a DSG and he's been loving it haha

Yea, I am liking it so far as well. I do miss the MT at times... I reach for it all the time hoping its there. Mostly when I turn on the car or go to reverse (out of habit). But I will say acceleration is definitely better... it shifts so seamlessly.

newcarsmell

Go Kart Champion
Yea, I am liking it so far as well. I do miss the MT at times... I reach for it all the time hoping its there. Mostly when I turn on the car or go to reverse (out of habit). But I will say acceleration is definitely better... it shifts so seamlessly.

Wait till you get a dsg tune hehe