GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Go stg 2 or get a DSG tune?

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
Someone on here tried out both Uni & APR DSG tunes and said they liked APR's much better. Food for thought if you go down this route.

songyun

Ready to race!
love that dsg fart tho XD

anticon

Ready to race!
+1 for the dsg tune if it makes your car grow a new pedal and shifter!
Trolling [emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
+1 for the dsg tune if it makes your car grow a new pedal and shifter!
Trolling [emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

someone let this guy drive their DSG stg2+ so he realizes how great it is

likkleindian

Go Kart Newbie
I don't get how so much people complain about the shift points in D. It is doing what it is supposed to, for easy driving, shift fast conserve fuel, etc. Want more aggressive, go to manual mode simple. IDK about anybody else but mine also learns my driving pattern. After a spirited drive in manual, the shift points also change in D, they hold longer and shift higher. After driving regularly for some time it goes back.
I can only think of 2 reasons why I would get the DSG tune, 1 left foot braking and 2 no kick down in manual mode. Now is that worth the cost?? Not right now, money would be better spent on the suspension.

newcarsmell

Go Kart Champion
I was in the same predicament as OP,
I think stage 2 is more bang for your buck in terms of spirited driving.
The dsg tune improves the normal daily driving experience for me since i can leave my car in automatic mode and it is satisfactory for about 90% of everything i wanna do.

tsmack

Ready to race!
I went with the UM DSG tune and am glad I did. In D mode up shift points are much better, it now rev matches as you slow down and downshifts great so the tranny is more prepared for acceleration, no kick down, shifts are faster and paddle response is better, no more auto up shift in manual mode, S mode similar improvements plus launch control, also adjusted for increased redline to match ECU tune to prevent earlier redline shifting. UM DSG tune was cheaper than some of the others too. That being said, The first thing I did was put a new downpipe on. With or without the stg 2 ECU tune get a dp to allow that turbo to breathe!

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
I went with the UM DSG tune and am glad I did. In D mode up shift points are much better, it now rev matches as you slow down and downshifts great so the tranny is more prepared for acceleration, no kick down, shifts are faster and paddle response is better, no more auto up shift in manual mode, S mode similar improvements plus launch control, also adjusted for increased redline to match ECU tune to prevent earlier redline shifting. UM DSG tune was cheaper than some of the others too. That being said, The first thing I did was put a new downpipe on. With or without the stg 2 ECU tune get a dp to allow that turbo to breathe!

the only reason i would want a DSG tune is for the manual auto upshifting, very annoying but not worth the $$$ to me! :iono: all in all, it's your car, do want you want to do.