GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Big Turbo Discussion Thread #2

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
If anyone needs a Snow Performance Solenoid, I have a brand new one FS.

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2565424

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Guys, just question; I want to install my IE MBC in-line with the N75 and I did a lot of searches on the internet with help of friend of mine too and we found this one [emoji116] but this one is parallel setup.

Then I found this on [emoji116] and some pages confirm that it’s the in-line one.

The point is my tuner asked me to have the MBC in-line with the N75 for the initial tuning and I am not sure 100% which one should I go for as in-line setup!

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Hi
The car doesn’t start well and the ignition delays after I installed the R intake camshaft, RS4 and IE intake manifold and car running too rich!
I flashed the car by a file includes the new HW as sent by my tuner.

I checked the intake camshaft by VCDS and here are the results;

Based on group 091 the difference is 0.5KW to 1KW and -7KW in group 093 and I don’t know what both means :)

Also the fuel rail pressure (actual) is going up and down!

What do you think?

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Hi
The car doesn’t start well and the ignition delays after I installed the R intake camshaft, RS4 and IE intake manifold and car running too rich!
I flashed the car by a file includes the new HW as sent by my tuner.

I checked the intake camshaft by VCDS and here are the results;

Based on group 091 the difference is 0.5KW to 1KW and -7KW in group 093 and I don’t know what both means :)

Also the fuel rail pressure (actual) is going up and down!

What do you think?

Hard start might be related to your runner flap delete and not having a tune to take that into account (just running base tune). Fairly common issue. Not sure about the rest.

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Hard start might be related to your runner flap delete and not having a tune to take that into account (just running base tune). Fairly common issue. Not sure about the rest.

Maybe you are right but it will be strange because I already requested the cold start and RFD in the base file and they didn’t in my GTX base file before!

I hope someone can explain the rest.

a3scott20

Ready to race!
Maybe you are right but it will be strange because I already requested the cold start and RFD in the base file and they didn’t in my GTX base file before!
I hope someone can explain the rest.

the cold start issue is not that easy to solve by just one base file. From my experience of IE IM, you will need more than 5 files to get cold start running correctly. At least mine has done more than 5 files :lol:

Chris659

Ready to race!
the cold start issue is not that easy to solve by just one base file. From my experience of IE IM, you will need more than 5 files to get cold start running correctly. At least mine has done more than 5 files :lol:

I’m running a k04 with a HPA manifold and it only took base file and one revision to get rid of cold starts for me

a3scott20

Ready to race!
I’m running a k04 with a HPA manifold and it only took base file and one revision to get rid of cold starts for me

Sorry I didn’t mention too much detail on that post. Mine needs more than 5 revisions due to I’m running larger fuel injectors, larger MAF housing. With these the cold start issue will be more harder to get rid of. I believe he is not running factory fuel injectors and MAF housing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Sorry I didn’t mention too much detail on that post. Mine needs more than 5 revisions due to I’m running larger fuel injectors, larger MAF housing. With these the cold start issue will be more harder to get rid of. I believe he is not running factory fuel injectors and MAF housing.

I am running 3.5” air intake, MAF housing but the file is MAFless, RS4 injectors and R20 camshaft. I asked my tuner to return back the cold start active and keep RFD and I am still waiting his reply.

The cold start in the previous files on my previous GTX setup was running perfectly from first file, but don’t know why this time doesn’t!!

Chris659

Ready to race!

Ok makes more sense now!

I’m waiting on another revision after putting the Grams TB on. Way too rich now and it’s stalled three times

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
Few items for sale -

$750 obo - Uni Golf R catback with QTP cutout. I can provide whichever size adapter you need stock or 3" and new sealing rings. Photos and video on post.

$750 obo - FMIC setup with bumper support and piping, piping is for my setup but is in sections, the outlet to engine will bolt up to any GTI with stock manifold, the inlet side is close to oem on one connection. Some small mods and should fit any setup. PTE core and all piping by FFE.

$800 obo - Maybe selling my fuel tank with HO pump and HO controller and have a steel rear subframe.

Last edited:

jettaglx91

Go Kart Champion
I am running 3.5” air intake, MAF housing but the file is MAFless, RS4 injectors and R20 camshaft. I asked my tuner to return back the cold start active and keep RFD and I am still waiting his reply.

The cold start in the previous files on my previous GTX setup was running perfectly from first file, but don’t know why this time doesn’t!!

your car is also FSI, totally different animal

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
First this thread dropped back to 3rd page :thumbdown:

Second -

All good projects come to a head at some point, would be willing to part my full car. There are a few items I may hold onto for a few but just about everything is up for grabs. Including fueling parts also have a set of cams currently in for a regrind so if someone wants lets talk and we can work out a change of hands on that.

I will need to have committed buyers for a certain dollar mount with deposits before I go into a full part. but basically if engine, trans and turbo kit go (or any combo of the 2 it will happen).

Or just buy the whole car done and working and cheaper than you can do it lol.

PM me for details please, more you buy we can work out packages

Engine - Proven to over 550tq and over 600hp, 50k on it, 180 compression all across (1-2 psi deviation that's it!), Iabed rear main seal, IE Rods, Farrea +1mm valves, Farrea TI springs and retainers, Vacuum pump delete. Complete long block would come with a brand new timing refresh kit all guides and chains and tensioners and tool kit to install, no oil cooler, no oil pan, no pcv, no fueling all will be separate.

Turbo kit - Complete 6062 gen2 twin scroll kit, all piping, IC and intake, Synapse DV valve w/ boost tap and AN lines to fit, down pipe, Twin MVS Tial gates and Swain Tech coated. Clears all awd and fwd setups. Turbo is new less that 4k on it and maybe 15 passes on the track. Oil lines includes and steel oil pan. Includes AN boost controller lines also.

Trans - Full DQ500 AWD swap with external cooling, Trans, axles, engine bracket, starter, flywheel for 8 bolt (if you have 6 bolt I can get you a flywheel that will work) Mocal external pump with AN lines and temp controlled relay for turn on and off, and shifter. This is the shorter gearing, TTRS is longer this trans is faster. We still hit over 200mph on the dyno in 6th. DQ500 also has real LC. Tune will be OEM, we can talk upon purchase and setup with a UNI tune if desired.

Fuel - Uni injectors with Uni beta HPFP and line and modified fuel rail, hard line across engine included

Catch can with pcv

Divorced oil cooler kit

Fluidamper

Billet machined oil pan

Vacuum pump

Harness you would need to work it out but ill provide what I have for diagram/list.

Water meth kit aquamist HFS-4 with DPI and intake manifold

Bigger TB - $100 buy that right away

AWD swap interior and more

Last edited: