GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Big Turbo Discussion Thread #2

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
I guess pink could mean they are the weak springs... I, for the life of me, couldn't see any other colors besides pink.... but I guess there could be a yellow in there somewhere.

Tried to see the whole spring - spent like 30 minutes trying to take a good picture

jettaglis

Go Kart Champion
Usually only ko4 turbos don't like the "weak" valve springs. Generally big turbos don't let the valves float.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Usually only ko4 turbos don't like the "weak" valve springs. Generally big turbos don't let the valves float.
May be a dumb question but why would big turbo vs k04 determine valve float

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
May be a dumb question but why would big turbo vs k04 determine valve float

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Back pressure. K04’s are meant to generate 250hp of flow. When you tune them to 100+ more hp they get hot and build up exhaust gas since the manifold isn’t meant to flow that much.

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
Back pressure. K04’s are meant to generate 250hp of flow. When you tune them to 100+ more hp they get hot and build up exhaust gas since the manifold isn’t meant to flow that much.

Cadubya, looks like you have a 2011 (same year as me) k04 gti, any problems with valve float?

Edit: Just clicked your build thread and see you have the upgraded APR valve springs and bigger turbo lol.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
Cadubya, looks like you have a 2011 (same year as me) k04 gti, any problems with valve float?

Edit: Just clicked your build thread and see you have the upgraded APR valve springs and bigger turbo lol.

I didn’t have any valve float issues when I was K04. The valve springs were acquired later when I was upgraded the turbo.

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
I didn’t have any valve float issues when I was K04. The valve springs were acquired later when I was upgraded the turbo.

Glad to hear it

cybonic

Passed Driver's Ed
latest logs from mine rev1 map with 18degrees advance timing, running 80% meth, stock fueling. having slight timing pull

LAGP

Ready to race!
Metal plate throttle body

After having replaced 2 TB with the plastic plate broken, I just found a replacement OEM TB wit a metal plate and it has the correct rotation part number is 06K133062D. This will be useful for high boost levels or when spraying meth pre TB.

LAGP

Ready to race!
After having replaced 2 TB with the plastic plate broken, I just found a replacement OEM TB wit a metal plate and it has the correct rotation part number is 06K133062D. This will be useful for high boost levels or when spraying meth pre TB.
Here is a picture

Sent from my LG-M700 using Tapatalk

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion

Seems to be a 2015 Volkswagen Jetta 1.8L Throttle Body