GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ml_mk6's 2011 CSG GTI

Wed-Wabbit

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum but i've been browsing for a few weeks now.

After owning a 2010 Mazda 3 Hatchback for 7 years. Figured it was time for something nicer and quicker.
I just picked up a 2011 CSG GTI (4-door, DSG) off a friend. All the work was already done, I just bought it as is. :happyanim:
90000kms at the moment and she's running beautifully!

Mods so far as of December 18, 2017:

Engine:
- Unitronic Stage 2 tune
- Unitronic DSG Stage 2 tune
- Unitronic Intake
- R8 Coilpacks w/ NGK Plugs
- Eurojet Downpipe
- Eurojet Cat-back exhaust
- Timing Chain Tensioner updated

Wheels & Suspension & Brakes:
- 18" x 9" +35mm Enkei RPF1 with 225/40/18 Continental DWS06.
- 17" Avignon with 225/45/17 Hankook i-Cept Evo2 winters
- R32 Calipers Front (345mm) & Rear (310mm), slotted rotors
- Hawk HPS pads
- Billstein Shocks
- H&R Springs
- H&R Front and Rear Sway Bars

Exteriror Cosmetics:
- OEM LED Taillights
- Paint matched side markers
- Carbon rear lower valance
- Gloss black emblems, front and rear
- Blacked-out grill
- Rear wiper delete

Interior Cosmetics:
- LEDs throughout
- P3 Vent gauge

Future plans/mods:
- Oil Catch Can - APR or CTS Turbo? Recommendations?
- OEM Front lip - colour matched or black plastic?!
- Remove gloss black emblems - not digging the gloss black

Last edited:

Wed-Wabbit

Passed Driver's Ed
Winter mode now!

Had some small things done to the car in the past few weeks:
17" Avignon on Hankook i-cept Evo2 Winters - these BARELY clear the R calipers.
Rear wiper delete
Painted front red grille stripes black
Timing chain tensioner update - Not cheap, but good piece of mind :happyanim:

Her as she sits now

tkelly0727

Ready to race!
First off welcome! And she look great btw. For catch can maybe look into the ecs catch can, cheaper and Hyde16 is also running it I believe, which was why I decided to go with the ecs one.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
First off welcome! And she look great btw. For catch can maybe look into the ecs catch can, cheaper and Hyde16 is also running it I believe, which was why I decided to go with the ecs one.

I like ECS's design the best in terms of retaining the factory PCV and factory breather tube assembly to the turbo inlet. Their can baffle is a much better design as it will not become blocked when blowby in the can freezes. The only thing I do not like and agree with is the plug which blocks off the front of the PCV, I still run the vacuum line from the front of the PCV to my Audi all-road manifold. The stock PCV is designed to work with vacuum from the intake manifold. Plugging that with any aftermarket catch can block off will elevate crankcase pressures at idle or off throttle if using the stock PCV.

Wed-Wabbit

Passed Driver's Ed
I like ECS's design the best in terms of retaining the factory PCV and factory breather tube assembly to the turbo inlet. Their can baffle is a much better design as it will not become blocked when blowby in the can freezes. The only thing I do not like and agree with is the plug which blocks off the front of the PCV, I still run the vacuum line from the front of the PCV to my Audi all-road manifold. The stock PCV is designed to work with vacuum from the intake manifold. Plugging that with any aftermarket catch can block off will elevate crankcase pressures at idle or off throttle if using the stock PCV.

Thanks for the information! Still haven’t decided on a catch can, but I may wait until I get a valve cleaning first before getting a catch can

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zef

Drag Racing Champion
Awesome, I've looked at RPF1's for the track for awhile, but our options are limited. What'd you end up going with?

Wed-Wabbit

Passed Driver's Ed
Awesome, I've looked at RPF1's for the track for awhile, but our options are limited. What'd you end up going with?

18x9 +35
225/40/18

I’m currently rubbing right now because my fenders haven’t been rolled and I haven’t dialed in the camber yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk