GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official APR Golf R Products and Information

lamb110

Go Kart Champion

Socalabt

Arin

Please tell me it's not gonna take another 2-3 weeks for the carbonio for 2.0 FSI. I ordered it a month ago and you guys told me 3-4 weeks back then and now 3-4 weeks more?? I pulled out my VWR intake since it was causing my fuel trims to be around 16-18% so I'm on my stock intake and it's killing me. Thank

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Arin

Please tell me it's not gonna take another 2-3 weeks for the carbonio for 2.0 FSI. I ordered it a month ago and you guys told me 3-4 weeks back then and now 3-4 weeks more?? I pulled out my VWR intake since it was causing my fuel trims to be around 16-18% so I'm on my stock intake and it's killing me. Thank

I don't know. Carbonio's had a supply problem with the filters, and it's taking forever.

BeinLOUD

Clutch slip

Ive heard some people telling me that when they got their stage 1 ecu upgrade their clutch starting slipping. Does this happen often?

Dmueller343

Ready to race!
Ive heard some people telling me that when they got their stage 1 ecu upgrade their clutch starting slipping. Does this happen often?

I was fine at stage 1. Stage 2+ is a different story though. Major slippage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

bommart

Passed Driver's Ed
I am getting stage 1 installed next week by an APR dealer. should I be concerned about a CEL after install?

Dmueller343

Ready to race!
I am getting stage 1 installed next week by an APR dealer. should I be concerned about a CEL after install?

Nope not with stage 1 you shouldn't unless you have other mods like catless dp o something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
APR Presents the MK6 Steering Wheel Insert!

APR is pleased to present the APR Steering Wheel Insert.

Product Page

It’s often the simple things that make all the difference when adding personalized touches to a vehicle. APR’s spent the better part of a decade adding Performance Without Compromise to vehicles such as the MK6 GTI, Golf R and many more, and the time has come to give our customers a badge of honor they can wear and see, every day, from the driver’s seat!

The APR Steering Wheel Insert is simple. It replaces the lower piece of the steering wheel trim with a piano black or satin silver inlay and features an APR badge painted in red. The colors match the upper trim piece colors well and looks as if intended by the OEM. The OEM piece simply pops out and is replaced in seconds with the new APR piece. It looks fantastic and serves as a reminder to the vehicle’s operator of the fun that lays just beneath his or her right foot!

MK6 GLI/GTI - Satin Silver

MK6 Golf R - Piano Black

Please Note - VW has many steering wheel designs. Please ensure the vehicle’s OEM steering wheel insert piece is removable.

MS100088 - Satin Silver - $49.99
MS100087 - Piano Black - $49.99

Last edited:

A3SBQ

Ready to race!
Hi. A friend of mine have a Audi S3 and is flashed with APR sw and is loaded with two programs (stock and 98oct)
My questions. Dos the ECU resets it's self to stock mode (program no1) if the battery have been disconnected for a wile?

Thanks

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
APR Presents the 6MT Solid Shifter Cable Bracket

APR is pleased to present the Solid Shifter Cable Bracket.

Product Page

Through countless years of professional racing, APR Motorsport identified the factory shifter cable bracket system as a source of sloppy shifts, missed gears, bracket and bushing failure and even transmission failure. The factory shifter cable bracket is made from plastic with rubber bushings. Over time the bushings wear out, and during long races, heat can cause the bracket to flex and break. To alleviate all issues related with the factory design and not just some, APR’s Mechanical Engineers created the ultimate and final upgrade: The APR Solid Shifter Cable Bracket.

Key Points:

• Addresses both issues with the OEM design
  • Cast 304 stainless steel eliminates flexible plastic OEM design
  • CNC-machined solid mounts eliminate rubber OEM bushings
  • Removes play, slop and the rubbery feeling of the OEM part
  • Will not flex, wear out and / or break under prolonged use
  • Lifetime warranty

The APR Solid Shifter Cable Bracket is made from cast 304 stainless steel and eliminates the rubber bushings with solid, CNC-machined mounting points. The bracket and bushings will not wear out over time or fatigue under heat and prolonged use, minimizing the potential for transmission damage. With the play and rubbery slop of the OEM component removed, it’s easier to find gears. Expect the feedback from each shift to remain true and confident with a more direct and solid feeling.

Application Guide

Engines: Transverse 1.8T / 2.0T / TDI / 3.2L VR6
Transmissions: 6 Speed 02M/02Q MQ350

Part Number: MS100084
Price: $199.99

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor

The quickest MK6 Golf R record is a highly contended title. As the decade-old engine and ECU combination reach the end of their production run, and newer more complex technologies are introduced, tuners around the world continue to tinker with bigger turbos, and new bolt-ons in a never-ending race to the bottom (pun intended).

As of 11/7/2014, MK6 Golf R owner and APR Australia customer, Jared Bailey, proudly holds this title. To APR it’s refreshing and empowering when an independent customer takes an off-the-shelf kit and sets a new record. Most impressively, this particular car is still running the stock block and head, and does not use electronic/manual boost controllers, custom calibrations, WOT boxes, or water methanol injection; components commonly recommended or required by others to reach low 11, high 10 second quarter mile times in a MK6 Golf R.

At Calder Park drag strip, the record quarter mile times set with race fuel and pump fuel were 10.654@129mph and 11.06@124.37 respectively.

Still wide awake with excitement at the time this was article was written (around 4am Australian Eastern Daylight Time), Jared mentioned with a sly chuckle that he began modifying his MK6 Golf R in May 2014 “…when I went stage 2+. Things got out of hand since…”

With such high ambient temperatures, he and APR are very confident he’ll break into the 10s on pump fuel, and are aiming for much lower times with race fuel when temperatures cool off.

Dean Coutts from Fast Stuff, Jared’s local APR Dealer, must be proud to see one of his customers snag the title. Guy Harding, managing director of APR Australia couldn’t wait to share the bittersweet news. Bittersweet, because he and his team at Harding Performance/APR Australia had held this record for over 2 years. It was broken”…thankfully by one of our customers!” he joked.

“Every day I grow more impressed by the support of our customers and the feats they accomplish with our products,” said APR CEO, Matt Young. “APR strives to provide the highest-quality, turn-key solutions for Volkswagen Group vehicles, and news like this reinforces that ethos.”

Vehicle Specifications and Drag Strip Environment:

2012 Golf R

A3SBQ

Ready to race!
What the info on the APR DSG clutch pack?
Never read anything about that before.
Please explain

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor

APR's Motorsport Launch Limiter and No-Lift Shift features are now available for the North American Golf R! These two features can be added to any stage at the time of install and are available.

APR Motorsport Launch Limiter

APR’s Motorsport Launch Limiter is an optional feature that eliminates turbo lag and provides a user adjustable launching RPM to aid in vehicle acceleration from a complete stand still. Simply hold the clutch and accelerator while the vehicle is stationary and the engine’s RPM will hold at a predefined limit while boost pressure builds using a “clean,” catalytic converter safe, strategy. With the vehicle stationary, handbrake applied and clutch disengaged, the driver can set the launch RPM by raising the engine’s RPM and pressing the brake pedal to set and save the desired launching RPM. With practice, this method can result in violent acceleration off the line! This feature is for manual transmissions only.

APR Motorsport No-Lift Shift

APR’s Motorsport No-Lift Shift is an optional feature that allows the driver to maximize acceleration by reducing power, boost and time lost during a gear change. With the vehicle above 20 km/h and the accelerator pedal held above 98%, during a gear change, the strategy activates. The throttle remains open and boost pressure is not vented, resulting in more power immediately after a shift. This is achieved using a “clean,” catalytic converter safe, strategy, while the ECU automatically sets the appropriate time necessary for a torque intervention, allowing proper syncro alignment. No end user adjustment is necessary. The driver simply focuses on shifting as fast as possible! This feature is for manual transmissions only.

A3SBQ

Ready to race!
Wow. Just impressive:thumbup: