GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Exterior Lighting

Giuseppe

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello everyone,

My car JUST started doing these weird things. This morning the display said check rear light, side light, headlight, etc etc etc. It essentially said check every light. The other weird thing is the hazards turn on by themselves. Then when I was driving the windshield wipers turned on by themselves constantly.

I have searched this forum and all I could find was a post where people said to check the F16 fuse under the hood as that fuse tends to burn but not totally disconnect causing issues. I checked the F16 fuse and it seems fine.

Has anyone else experienced this? What was the issue and how did you fix it?

NorthVan1

Ready to race!
It sounds like the early signs of a dying battery.

jettaglis

Go Kart Champion
The j519 or body comfort module could be doing some wacky things. If you have a buddy with another mk6 you could swap them to test. Mine started to cause my footwell lights to come on full bright then dim to 5 % then go full bright while I was driving.

Giuseppe

Passed Driver's Ed
Well........ my car stopped working in the middle of the road on my way home today. I heard this weird sound a hand full of times as I was coming to a stop. After about 15 minutes of driving the dashboard went crazy with all sorts of lights then stalled. I noticed a bit of smoke coming from the hood so I quickly took my key out of the ignition and opened the hood. It smelt like burnt plastic or something weird. The radiator fans were still turning so the car wasn't over heating.

I almost wonder if my alternator ceased up and the belt was rubbing against it which cause the smoke??? I tried turning the car on again 10 minutes after sitting in traffic and it won't even turn over. The lights still acted funny. As the tow truck was driving off I noticed the hazards come on then the left break light.

I have no clue what happened. The car is 5 years old next month so I wonder if there's any warranty left. I can't remember. Damn this sucks

Giuseppe

Passed Driver's Ed
Worst day ever. The dealership called and said the tube that drains water from the sunroof broke within the pillar. They have never seen so much water inside a car. The control module was soaked and fried. They recommended I go through insurance for water damage and write the car off.

My car is a 2011 GTI with only 35,000 miles (55,000 kilometers). I took such good care of it too. So disappointed. There's no way I'm going to get a similar car to replace it.

ENGLND

Passed Driver's Ed
Aw man sorry to hear. However...mk7?!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Giuseppe

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks bud. I'm waiting to hear from insurance still. If it's a write off I'm deciding between a 2013 Golf R and 2016 Golf R. The 2013 is obviously a lot more affordable. So trying to decide what route to go.