GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OEM Exhaust options

SleezyB

I'm really hoping to find someone who had done the Vibrant with the downpipe because like I said earlier, I have a 3 inch dp with res delete and you are exactly right in how it sounds. But only on cold start. After it warms up its perfectly fine and quite enjoyable when really giving the car the beans. But that god awful noise and loudness on cold start is making me look into my options, just afraid that the vibrant res won't make enough of a difference to waste $120 on since I can't weld it myself.

Well I went ahead and got the vibrant 1792 res put in and so far I'm pretty happy with it. I still get a bit of drone with this resonator but it's not terrible and probably better than having no resonator. The only issue i have with it is I have a rattle/vibration on my passenger side roof area that's kind of annoying. Seems to only do it when it's colder out.

The DSG farts are louder than when I had the stock OEM resonator which is what I wanted (Could always be louder though..) It thankfully doesn't sound like a honda or a tractor.. and it doesn't sound like shit to me on cold starts. Once your above 3k is when I think it really starts to sound nice. For all it cost me I think it was worth it and a good option instead of spending quite a bit more on a catback.

tanner133

Well I went ahead and got the vibrant 1792 res put in and so far I'm pretty happy with it. I still get a bit of drone with this resonator but it's not terrible and probably better than having no resonator. The only issue i have with it is I have a rattle/vibration on my passenger side roof area that's kind of annoying. Seems to only do it when it's colder out.

The DSG farts are louder than when I had the stock OEM resonator which is what I wanted (Could always be louder though..) It thankfully doesn't sound like a honda or a tractor.. and it doesn't sound like shit to me on cold starts. Once your above 3k is when I think it really starts to sound nice. For all it cost me I think it was worth it and a good option instead of spending quite a bit more on a catback.

Thats awesome to hear man, once I get the money I'll do it too. Thanks for telling us when you did it!

avni

Ready to race!
Resonator deletes are for the cheapskates.

If you want a performance sounding car you buy performance parts.

I'm running APR DP to Magnaflow CBE. Amazing.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Just go full send with catless non-resonated 42dd turbo back. Expensive but sounds so nice.