GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Scratched Under my Front Bumper

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
to quote nate "almost went with a lip, but realized I’d probably mess that up as well.
Our cars sit almost flush at stock height on parking bumpers (at least where I live). If I get a lip, those deviant little Satan spawns will just take my lip out."

This is highly true for me too. My current bumper sits like 1/32" above parking curbs... if i had a lip extending down another inch or so i would rip that off in like 2 hours.

Theres a guy on here who makes/sells durable lips that screw into your bumper for those who are 1/16" off the ground...

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
to quote nate "almost went with a lip, but realized I’d probably mess that up as well.
Our cars sit almost flush at stock height on parking bumpers (at least where I live). If I get a lip, those deviant little Satan spawns will just take my lip out."

This is highly true for me too. My current bumper sits like 1/32" above parking curbs... if i had a lip extending down another inch or so i would rip that off in like 2 hours.

this. same here lol

Phur

Autocross Champion
We have really quite small cars. Why are you guys pulling up so far?

I have thought about lowering springs. But I have concerns about what kind of roadkill it would and would not clear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phur

Autocross Champion
I intentionally do not pull all the way forward both for the full frontal curb rash reason, and also because no one pays attention and everyone drives like shit. If two huge trucks park on either side and I am all the way forward, my spot would appear empty on the approach.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie

I have thought about lowering springs. But I have concerns about what kind of roadkill it would and would not clear.

I agree, just don’t pull up so far forward, also I’ve just lowered my car with eibach sportlines and was and still am a bit concerned with what it will and won’t clear in the road, I put 19” Santiago’s on today though and it bought the car back up around 20-25mm so it’s back at stock height from the road pretty much so should now be ok,

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

ask me! ask me!

clownish

just clowning around
I intentionally do not pull all the way forward both for the full frontal curb rash reason, and also because no one pays attention and everyone drives like shit. If two huge trucks park on either side and I am all the way forward, my spot would appear empty on the approach.

When my car had less than 10k mi on it, someone did back straight into my front end when I was parked. Then drove straight away as I was walking out of my office building. It was a reddish Durango and I am forever angry about that hit and run. Only time it's ever happened to me and I do purposely park a little further out in our little hatchbacks because of the back that we don't take up a full parking spot.

Phur

Autocross Champion

Nate99206

I keep forgetting how short it is [emoji23] I’m still learning, I’m not the brightest crayon in the box [emoji53]

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I pull forward by habit. From work trucks needing to be pulled all the way up otherwise im sticking out to other vehicles i drive that are "normal" sized.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
why pull forward when you can back in?
im not cool enough for that. lol

I sometimes back in but most the time im lazy and just pull in. I guess if i got moar low and had a lip i would back in more.

zrickety

The Fixer
You are the only one who sees it.
OCD is a helluva disease. I bought my car with more scratches and dents than that. Gotta learn to let it go. For about $40 you could sand that edge and get some matching spray paint. It will look better but probably not perfect. Bumpers aren't cheap and they take most of the abuse, lucky it wasn't worse.