GOLFMKV

ChiChat17: Boosted Learns How To Cook

Status
Not open for further replies.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
I just called and confirmed. I need to pick another car seat now, that is comparable.

Don't let the insurance bully you into anything.

They will push HARD. Went through it with wifey's accident last summer. They're going to lowball the crap out of you, push the "Just sign this right here right now and it'll all be over today!" crap. When you refuse, they'll give you the hard line about, "Okay, but then it'll have to be transferred to another department and that could take weeks, sir."

Ok fine, let it take weeks then. Meanwhile, you're still in their rental car, racking up their bill. They'll threaten to take it away... ride it out, then say, "Ok fine take it, I don't care." Tell them you have another car to drive (even if you don't) to suck that wind out of their sails.

Hold strong. Make sure your comps have EVERY option your car has (yours was pretty loaded wasn't it?) You just dumped like $3,000 in maintenance into it too, didn't you? I'm pretty sure you did. DSG service, alignment, oil change, computer coding work. Don't argue with me, yes you did.

With wifey's deal, they started off with a $36k offer and a *really* hard sell to accept the $36k. They had a bunch of bullshit comps that weren't close (they had to be the cheapest examples in the country.) We fought and they came up to $38k, then did the "Ok you're gonna have to be transferred to the other department then if you don't take this check right now.... that could take weeks.... don't you just want the check now?"

In the end we got $49k out of them to replace the car. No BS either. All I did was give them comps and otherwise just refuse their BS lowballs.

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
Don't let the insurance bully you into anything.

They will push HARD. Went through it with wifey's accident last summer. They're going to lowball the crap out of you, push the "Just sign this right here right now and it'll all be over today!" crap. When you refuse, they'll give you the hard line about, "Okay, but then it'll have to be transferred to another department and that could take weeks, sir."

Ok fine, let it take weeks then. Meanwhile, you're still in their rental car, racking up their bill. They'll threaten to take it away... ride it out, then say, "Ok fine take it, I don't care." Tell them you have another car to drive (even if you don't) to suck that wind out of their sails.

Hold strong. Make sure your comps have EVERY option your car has (yours was pretty loaded wasn't it?) You just dumped like $3,000 in maintenance into it too, didn't you? I'm pretty sure you did. DSG service, alignment, oil change, computer coding work. Don't argue with me, yes you did.

With wifey's deal, they started off with a $36k offer and a *really* hard sell to accept the $36k. They had a bunch of bullshit comps that weren't close (they had to be the cheapest examples in the country.) We fought and they came up to $38k, then did the "Ok you're gonna have to be transferred to the other department then if you don't take this check right now.... that could take weeks.... don't you just want the check now?"

In the end we got $49k out of them to replace the car. No BS either. All I did was give them comps and otherwise just refuse their BS lowballs.

This. When my guy crashed our new truck, they tried to give us $15K for a truck we paid $21K for that stickered $25K. It was a year old. I told them no way anyone is selling a 2 year old truck for 15K. Got the song and dance about the comps. They pulled some comps around 17K with twice the miles, and then took another 1000-1500 off for "typical negotiations". We had a new topper that was smashed in the accident too. They tried to prorate the value of the topper. I said no way, it does not go down in value and it's transferable from vehicle to vehicle. $2000+ for a new topper they are covering 100%.

I just waited and waited until they gave me more for the vehicle. I think I ended up getting 19K+ 2K for the topper which I Felt was fair for a 2 year old bare bones truck.

flying_solo

Go Kart Champion
Diono Radian R100 All-In-One Convertible Car Seat, Essex https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076Q375L7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_uPckBbJE5HRHP

For those that want a good car seat that fits in tight spaces. They can supposedly fit 3 wide in an SUV . It’s also a metal frame. I like it better than the Recaros:

Diono Radian R100 All-In-One Convertible Car Seat, Essex https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076Q375L7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_uPckBbJE5HRHP

Incase you want to fit it in the back of a 997, it fits with a little effort.

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
yep. new tires, hardware for wheels. new CAI (IE summer sale started today). also registered both cars, adding to the bill for the day.

Nice dude, congrats on the fun stuff.

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
Rapper XXXtentacion was shot down in Broward today. Suspect ran up to his car and shot him. Crazy stuff.

RIP. Didn't listen to his music, but it's unfortunate. He was 20 IIRC.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie

For those that want a good car seat that fits in tight spaces. They can supposedly fit 3 wide in an SUV . It’s also a metal frame. I like it better than the Recaros:

Incase you want to fit it in the back of a 997, it fits with a little effort.

They make these for dogs?

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Status
Not open for further replies.