GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

View Poll Results: What shall I do first?
R Tails (If you vote this, specify which color) 50 72.46%
Full Tint (25%) and PlastiDip Exterior Parts Enjoi Blue (Symbols, Red Grill Stripes, Badging) 10 14.49%
Blue Interior Lighting 0 0%
Sound System Oopgrayyyyd 1 1.45%
Front Lip and Mud Flaps 8 11.59%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-09-2013, 02:29 AM   #29
Cullin Kin
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: 2013 Volkswagen GTI Drivers Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMKVI View Post
You mean 95%

Mine is about 35% meaning it allows 35% of light through. Factory windows allow 70-80% of light in. So a 35% sheet of tint on a window .35 x .75 = 26.25% light transmission
Well, I meant 5% light refraction/filtration. On my past cars, I've had right around what you have and loved it.
Twitter and Instagram - @CullinKin
Cullin Kin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 10:53 AM   #30
LG3MK6
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: 2012/GTI/TR/6sp
Welcome! Why not get tints and R tails?
Old 10-15-2013, 11:08 AM   #31
maxtdi
GolfMK6 Elite

Drives: 370z,Golf TDI, Crown Vic
I vote against plastidicking anything on a new car
Old 10-15-2013, 11:49 AM   #32
303GTI
Drag Racing Champion

Drives: 2013 VW GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullin Kin View Post
Thanks for the welcomes, and the whalecum.

@WAP Ha ha, MyFast is a little slow but it's personal and tight knit. I enjoy that about it, getting to know other GTI owners. Although, sometimes getting an answer in a timely manner can be difficult.

The mod-bug has bitten me in the past. I used to have a Ralliart, did a lot of mods, "mod-nazi" dealership, nightmare. It's extremely difficult to refrain, but I believe it to be overall beneficial.

I took my GTI to the track the other day and was doing some quarter mile runs just for the fun of it. Was running low 15's routinely, thats what that photo above is from. Anyone on this forum in Colorado?
I'm from Colorado. Completely stock your car ran low 15s huh? You take it to Bandimere? I took mine up there with my current mods and it ran 15.1. It was a pretty hot day though and tires spun like no other.
Old 10-15-2013, 07:30 PM   #33
luv my dub76
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: 2013 mk6 gti autobahn
Bought my five weeks ago
First mod - gti license plate
Second mod -ST coils
Good luck with yours

GTI license plate frame (1hp)
Getting vw tire valve covers soon for those extra 10hp , just saving my $$$$$$

RIP 09 MKV CW , miss the car everyday
luv my dub76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 07:36 PM   #34
luv my dub76
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: 2013 mk6 gti autobahn
I have mud flaps and I scrape the rears constantly, but they take the beating and keeps the car looking good a bit longer after a wash

GTI license plate frame (1hp)
Getting vw tire valve covers soon for those extra 10hp , just saving my $$$$$$

RIP 09 MKV CW , miss the car everyday
luv my dub76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 08:37 PM   #35
Boomers
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: 2012 GTI
I would tint 1st, same shade all the way around, it's inexpensive and drastically improves the look. Second I would unplug the soundaktor, free!
Boomers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 08:48 PM   #36
v-dug
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2011 GTI APR Stg1, 07 FJ Cruiser
Tint was my first mod. Makes the car look SO much better. But don't plastidip the rest IMO. Please

Then the R tails. Those look SO FREAKING AWESOME. I didn't do tails because I'd prefer power mods over cosmetic for that price.
Originally Posted by lilfleck View Post
I can't help but to notice a dude who's violently choking out his dong in front of me.
v-dug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:41 PM   #37
303GTI
Drag Racing Champion

I don't understand why lights are so expensive. Heads and tails run around $500 and up. For that price you might as well get more power, but if you have the money laying around then go for it. They do look sick.
Old 10-16-2013, 01:11 AM   #38
Cullin Kin
Go Kart Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG3MK6 View Post
Welcome! Why not get tints and R tails?
I think thats what I'll start with. Thanks for the welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303GTI View Post
I'm from Colorado. Completely stock your car ran low 15s huh? You take it to Bandimere? I took mine up there with my current mods and it ran 15.1. It was a pretty hot day though and tires spun like no other.
Awesome, another CO member! There only seems to be a few of us on any forum. Yeah, my lowest time was 15.37 with a 0.17 RT. Quarter tank of gas, removed spare tire, jack, foam, carpet, etc. One time though, I pulled up to the line, went a little far and had to reverse... Thought I took it out of reverse... Guess not lol. Didn't work out very well (RT 2.89 and 19.36, yikes). What has the dealer said about you tune and mods? Where in CO are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv my dub76 View Post
I have mud flaps and I scrape the rears constantly, but they take the beating and keeps the car looking good a bit longer after a wash
Yeah, I hear ya. With the snow and excessive use of MgCl out here, they are a must if you want to protect your paint. Plus, I think if done right, they look amazing. BTW, how did you mound them for the rear wheels? Theres no plastic wheel well inserts and the lip isn't wide enough to mount the flap...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomers View Post
I would tint 1st, same shade all the way around, it's inexpensive and drastically improves the look. Second I would unplug the soundaktor, free!
Yessir, thats the plan. Define soundaktor please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-dug View Post
Tint was my first mod. Makes the car look SO much better. But don't plastidip the rest IMO. Please

Then the R tails. Those look SO FREAKING AWESOME. I didn't do tails because I'd prefer power mods over cosmetic for that price.
Ha ha I probably won't plasti-dip. Tint is a must and the R Tails group buy price makes them very enticing. Voiding the warranty gives me panic attacks so I'll just have to wait lol.

Quote:
I don't understand why lights are so expensive. Heads and tails run around $500 and up. For that price you might as well get more power, but if you have the money laying around then go for it. They do look sick.
They sure do look amazing. The only way to go is through the group buy.

Last edited by Cullin Kin; 10-16-2013 at 01:14 AM. Reason: Forgot-a-question
Old 10-16-2013, 03:13 AM   #39
303GTI
Drag Racing Champion

I bought mine at Larry Miller in Lakewood. They are mod friendly. The offered to do APR services on it when I bought it. Other than that dealers don't really know about tunes until you get to 3 really cause in the short amount they drive it they're no going hard. As for mods you can see I think they expect it. McDonald service area sucks. Even if it's a little out of your way I would take it to Larry Miller. Cool staff, huge building, new buildings so it spacious and comfortable. Who are you gonna have do your tune. I know a few shops around town.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:33 AM   #40
Cullin Kin
Go Kart Newbie

Quote:
I bought mine at Larry Miller in Lakewood. They are mod friendly. The offered to do APR services on it when I bought it. Other than that dealers don't really know about tunes until you get to 3 really cause in the short amount they drive it they're no going hard. As for mods you can see I think they expect it. McDonald service area sucks. Even if it's a little out of your way I would take it to Larry Miller. Cool staff, huge building, new buildings so it spacious and comfortable. Who are you gonna have do your tune. I know a few shops around town.
Right on. If I took it over to Larry Miller will the scheduled maintenance and car washes still be free for 3 years? I haven't really done much research on where to tune in Denver, just more on the tunes themselves.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:47 AM   #41
303GTI
Drag Racing Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullin Kin View Post
Right on. If I took it over to Larry Miller will the scheduled maintenance and car washes still be free for 3 years? I haven't really done much research on where to tune in Denver, just more on the tunes themselves.
As far as maintenence, yes you'll still get the 3 year 30k care free package. That's is through VW not the individual dealer. As for shops that tune in town, there is a place called Bluewater Performance that's tune APR and then there is 3Zero3 Motorsports that tune with Revo. Both shops are good but Bluewater really knows how to tune there cars. They have a few 700 hp GTI and Golf R at their shop.
Old 10-16-2013, 04:55 PM   #42
WAP
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2011 CSG GTI DSG Mk6 VEYRON
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomers View Post
+1 on killing the Soundaktor. Best free mod there is.
2011 GTI DSG -Detroits swapped for Denvers|Soundaktor killed|DG Base Carrier Bars|VW Valve Stem Caps (+10hp!)|Dash Cubby|Euro Switch|GTI Seat Wrench Inserts|Conti DWS's|Vag-Com Mods|Double Apex USB Charger
WAP is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
csg, dat camera, manual, mkvi, new member, plastidip my balls, y'all are ridonkulous