GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Stage 1 wont go back into stock mode?

WilliamW

Hello, I had my GTI flashed with an APR stage 1 tune about a month back, and now when I go to try to change it back to stock mode (slot 1), it wont give me the option. Car and Cruise control are off, turn electronics mode on and cruise control on, hit the set button, goes right into 2 blinks per second (slot 2), it cycles thru slot 2-4 just fine, but never gives me the option for slot one. Did my car forget the slot one, or am I just messing something up? Anything helps. Thanks!

GoodTimesIndeed

Go Kart Champion
No it will never forget or skip a slot. It always cycles all the way through as long as you got the fully loaded ecu. Make sure your ecu is unlocked first by putting in your 4 digit pin using the top button then sliding over to cancel between each number, THEN try cycling thru.

WilliamW

I never set an unlock code, nor did the shop ever tell me I had one, and i'm able to put the car into valet mode and 93 octane if I ran that kind of fuel, slot 2 is my 91 performance mode, slot 1 should be stock mode. I will call the shop to see if they set one.

GoodTimesIndeed

Go Kart Champion
I never set an unlock code, nor did the shop ever tell me I had one, and i'm able to put the car into valet mode and 93 octane if I ran that kind of fuel, slot 2 is my 91 performance mode, slot 1 should be stock mode. I will call the shop to see if they set one.

Id call them and recheck your paperwork. You should have been the one to choose the 4 digit pin. They might not have ever locked the ecu, thats all. The fact that its skipping modes is not making sense.

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
Id call them and recheck your paperwork. You should have been the one to choose the 4 digit pin. They might not have ever locked the ecu, thats all. The fact that its skipping modes is not making sense.

+1