GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What LED Fog light bulb?

D2JML

I bought some 30w H11 18 LED bulbs for my fog lights, the bulbs have canbus built int etc so no error on dash, however they don't work on the GTI

I tried on another car and it worked fine... I messaged the ebay seller who said that they don't work on some VWs

what LED bulbs are you guys running in your foglights if you are that is...

thanks

aj_law

Go Kart Champion

ce4

Ready to race!
160$ for foglight bulbs that il hardly ever even need!

you people are crazy!

But when you do, you'll be thankful you have it. Super easy install and they have great customer service and stand by their products. Totally worth the money.

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Thanks for the support everyone and realizing what you will receive for the price. We really appreciate it.

Listing:
http://deautokey.com/product/mk6-gti-complete-led-fog-light-kit

These are actually brighter than headlights where you need them - more on the side of the road and down - here they are with headlight on - you can really see how much further they shine. And they do not cause any blinding glare:

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

vdubnick

Drag Racing Champion
IF you decide to get LEDs.... DONT be a douche and drive with them on when approaching others.

the factory reflector housings are designed for specific halogen bulbs, and there is absolutely no drop in LED replacement that works as the reflector was intended (Because engineering stuff, aka ray trace).

so please, dont make VWs look bad by being the asshat driving around with LED bulbs that throw light EVERYWHERE it is not supposed to.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
i have years of experence ordering cheap LEDs from them, but not fogs. They're cheap and burn out faster than they should, IMO.

deAuto's are a bit pricey but they do stand behind thier products with that warranty.

Yup, I used to order a bunch from them, did the interior lights on the Touareg with their bulbs and while they have not burned out yet, they are not crisp and bright like the ones in my R I got from deAuto. I also ordered reverse LEDs from superbright for the Touareg........could not see ANYTHING. Ordered a set from deAuto and it is like daylight now.

You get what you pay for, and there's no savings in paying less for something that doesn't work.

Chisel_86

Go Kart Champion
Contrary to popular belief now days, you actually DON'T want your fogs to be brighter than your main headlights. Too much foreground light will reduce your eyes ability to see further down range.

vdubnick

Drag Racing Champion
Contrary to popular belief now days, you actually DON'T want your fogs to be brighter than your main headlights. Too much foreground light will reduce your eyes ability to see further down range.
if they are putting out of spec bulbs into the housings in the first place, they probably dont understand this.