GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

K04 whine issue? Very loud soubd

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion
https://youtu.be/X-bFsN7BDfg

Can anyone relate to this issue? Its super loud and i have no idea what it could be.

Hpa k04 with welded outlet piece
Gfb dv+
Arm fmic

It has made the sound since i got the turbo installed months ago. Stratified pro tuned, hits boost fine and holds it. Does it sound like a leak? Bad turbo? Idk.. car drives perfect, sound is just annoying. Someone please help!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tehred5pade

Passed Driver's Ed
Try switching back to the stock dv. You could run a log of actual boost and requested boost just in case the check engine hasn't shown yet but sounds like a dv or wastegate... I can't turn my phone up too loud... In bed.

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
https://youtu.be/X-bFsN7BDfg

Can anyone relate to this issue? Its super loud and i have no idea what it could be.

Hpa k04 with welded outlet piece
Gfb dv+
Arm fmic

It has made the sound since i got the turbo installed months ago. Stratified pro tuned, hits boost fine and holds it. Does it sound like a leak? Bad turbo? Idk.. car drives perfect, sound is just annoying. Someone please help!!!

what intake do you have? my car makes an almost identical noise, but not quite as loud. My shop told me it is just bad resonance and changing to a enclosed intake would probably fix it. Still think it might be my dv+

Last edited:

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion
what intake do you have? my car makes an almost identical noise, but not quite as loud. My shop told me it is just bad resonance and changing to a enclosed intake would probably fix it. Still think it might be my dv+

I have an ECS intake.

Try switching back to the stock dv. You could run a log of actual boost and requested boost just in case the check engine hasn't shown yet but sounds like a dv or wastegate... I can't turn my phone up too loud... In bed.

Thing is that when i first installed the k04 the sound was there and i had a oem DV and then i insalled the gfb dv+ to see if it would go away but it didnt. Would a wastegate make that sound??

slowgti08

Ready to race!
I had that whining noise prior to getting the Dv+. After the Dv+ it went away, I still had it with the noise with rev D DV. I have a CTS Intake if that makes a difference. Maybe try a dv relocation kit?

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion
I had that whining noise prior to getting the Dv+. After the Dv+ it went away, I still had it with the noise with rev D DV. I have a CTS Intake if that makes a difference. Maybe try a dv relocation kit?

it was the exact noise? if so it probably does have something to do with the DV. can anyone else confirm this is the DV whistle?

slowgti08

Ready to race!
it was the exact noise? if so it probably does have something to do with the DV. can anyone else confirm this is the DV whistle?

Yes, I had the old revision DV and changed it because it had a leak. I got the rev D because people were saying it wouldn't leak and would get rid of the whine. It actually made it worse. I then got a Dv+ and haven't heard it. Im Uni k04 and dont have that sound.

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion
Yes, I had the old revision DV and changed it because it had a leak. I got the rev D because people were saying it wouldn't leak and would get rid of the whine. It actually made it worse. I then got a Dv+ and haven't heard it. Im Uni k04 and dont have that sound.

im gonna go back to my old oem DV.

zef

Drag Racing Champion

exactly what came to mind when I heard that hahaha

could you imagine gettin pulled on by a car that screams like a rubber chicken? I'd be rolling :bellyroll::bellyroll::bellyroll:

I'd check for leaks. Sounds like you might have a tear in one of the boost hoses, air being pushed out like a crevice/crack like that would cause a high whistling/whine noise.

Last edited:

riceburner

Autocross Champion
very strange noise, OP. all it makes me think of is air squeaking through something which alludes to a torn DV, as others suggested.

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion
exactly what came to mind when I heard that hahaha

could you imagine gettin pulled on by a car that screams like a rubber chicken? I'd be rolling :bellyroll::bellyroll::bellyroll:

I'd check for leaks. Sounds like you might have a tear in one of the boost hoses, air being pushed out like a crevice/crack like that would cause a high whistling/whine noise.

Btw, your car is clean! And sounds good besides the high pitched chicken little sound lol!

very strange noise, OP. all it makes me think of is air squeaking through something which alludes to a torn DV, as others suggested.

LOL, thanks everyone for chiming in, I am gonna take it a reputable shop next weekend cause i dont think its the DV, its probably a boost leak which i have no way to look for.

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion
So finally had some time to take the car to the shop. The noise is fixed. It ended up being the intercooler pipping, on both sides the clamps werent adjusted properly causing it leak. Car is noise free and feels much stronger! Cheers guys [emoji482]