GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

wetMoney's Build

WetMoney

Go Kart Champion
Heard there was snow coming. So I swapped out my Oem Laguna's for Oem Denver's with Michelin X-ice's.

The weather man was right this time.

Oh and stage 2 is so much fun! Especially with my new CTS TBE. Loving the sounds as it breaks in :D
What is the proper air psi with these? They are 17's 215/45-17? I'm running 36 now

WetMoney

Go Kart Champion
yeah i know:(
but i want to keep the Laguna's nice and minty fresh! these are kind of growing on me tho. not a bad winter look. kept it OEM, better than steelies!

Last edited:

theclutch

Go Kart Newbie
H&R 24mm rear sway installed in this weekend.

I used the hard setting because, lets face it... you have a sway bar! Lets see some improvement! A quick story, 2 weekends ago a few buddies and I went on a cruise up some nice Jersey back roads. I couldn't take the body roll. It was annoying. Especially with my buddy Jeff in front of me. He has both sways H&R 26mm (f) and 24mm (R). He is just carving up these turns! At that moment. I knew what needed to be done.

First impressions:
Noticeable improvement! Straight line remains the same. Lane changing is improved as well. I am able to take turns with full confidence now. The rear of the car feels more planted/flat through turns. A great upgrade for sure.
At this time, I will wait to add the front sway. But when I do, I have no doubt my car will be like on rails. :D

Note:
Also will be adding in Neuspeed endlinks next summer.

When you say that the rear feels more planted, isn't this what a typical FWD does? I.e. - understeer? I was looking to add a thicker rear bar to REMOVE traction so that the back end would kick out more like a RWD car. Can you comment? Thanks and Merry Christmas to all!

Pmanpop

Go Kart Champion
When you say that the rear feels more planted, isn't this what a typical FWD does? I.e. - understeer? I was looking to add a thicker rear bar to REMOVE traction so that the back end would kick out more like a RWD car. Can you comment? Thanks and Merry Christmas to all!

Too much rear bar on this car doesnt work well because if you have a 2010-2011 you arent able to disable stability control. So when the ass end comes out the car shudders because it thinks you are spining out and the brakes are being applied on the front. Makes it a shit show to drive. Find the right balance with the bars and tires.

theclutch

Go Kart Newbie
Too much rear bar on this car doesnt work well because if you have a 2010-2011 you arent able to disable stability control. So when the ass end comes out the car shudders because it thinks you are spining out and the brakes are being applied on the front. Makes it a shit show to drive. Find the right balance with the bars and tires.

Hmmm...this is great to know. Thanks for the info. Per chance, do you know if it's applicable to 2013 models as well? I know I can disable the traction control via a button, but don't know if it disables it "completely".

Pmanpop

Go Kart Champion
Hmmm...this is great to know. Thanks for the info. Per chance, do you know if it's applicable to 2013 models as well? I know I can disable the traction control via a button, but don't know if it disables it "completely".

Your abs module is different than mine so you are able to vagcom it so you can fully disable all the electrical nannies. 2012+ are able to do this "mod". You can follow the steps online which i think are found on the APR website. Works by holding the traction control button down for three seconds and it disengages traction and stability just like in the ROW.
Goodluck!

WetMoney

Go Kart Champion

Yes the car feels more planted in turns. Body roll is reduced giving me that "planted" feel. When I didn't have the RSB, i felt floaty in turns. Adding the 24mm sway-bar took that away. Understeer wasnt really a problem. The GTI handles well on its own. Adding a RSB complimented my coil over suspension. Once i get my Front Sway.. ill be able to point and shot through turns.

And why would you want to kick our the back end of your car? like you said... its a FWD. I want my car to handle and be nimble through turns.. not Drifto. :D

You can go with a larger RSB, like a 27 or 28. But for me, daily driving mixed with some sprinted driving, my 24mm RSB does the job.

this :thumbsup:

Your abs module is different than mine so you are able to vagcom it so you can fully disable all the electrical nannies. 2012+ are able to do this "mod". You can follow the steps online which i think are found on the APR website. Works by holding the traction control button down for three seconds and it disengages traction and stability just like in the ROW.
Goodluck!

also, do this at your own risk. :23: