GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 GTI has arrived!!

Candubber

Ready to race!
why can't VW give the GTI a break here in NA or instead of the R and let us just have the scirocco... I think they would be really surprised on how many they would sell

I love The MK6 and loved my MK4 even more but I'm starting to get bored.

forwardlean

Go Kart Champion
The GTI sells so well though. Of all the cars we don't see (R line, RS Audi's etc), the GTI is a very nice to have.

You know that if they brought the scirocco back, it would be some pared down piece of shit.

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
Source? Pics?

Pictures of that gti were taken at the Cali showing....a YouTube video too. Let me try to find it

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
Pictures of that gti were taken at the Cali showing....a YouTube video too. Let me try to find it

Okay found it. Near the end around 4 minute mark. Non xenon's have no red stripe.

2015 GTI: http://youtu.be/SnSnVsZAycI

Lodi

Go Kart Champion
Okay found it. Near the end around 4 minute mark. Non xenon's have no red stripe.

2015 GTI: http://youtu.be/SnSnVsZAycI

Nice. Very interesting about the red stripes. I wonder if the same will be true up here in Canada...

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Oh wow. Get shitty headlights to avoid a stripe? You guys are funny.

Tech72

Ready to race!
I actually prefer the fact that it looks much more conservative. You'd never catch me driving a speed3, wrx or an st - they're all way too garish for my taste. The GTI is the perfect blend of sportiness, practicality and luxury for a car in this price range. Even if you look at the mk7 golf R, a non-enthusiast would probably never notice the difference between that and the gti or even the regular golf. Bottom line is, if it ain't broken don't fix it - just look at the 911.

+1, agreed.

Artysta

Ready to race!
This whole red stripe in the headlight is too funny.

If you don't like it that much:
a) get a red gti- it blends in with the car
b) if you don't like a red gti get the optional shitty halogen lights:barf::barf::barf:
c) If you don't like a or b get a golf
c) If you don't like all of the above stfu and just stick with the mk6.

Problem solved.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
The red strip is Hitlers own working! If you get it you're supporting his cause!! THE TRAVESTY

mkvince

Go Kart Champion
See it in person before you judge.

I actually saw a red one and sat in one at the NYAS. Like it or not, it's personal preference. I know there are many who doesn't like it. There are many MK6 owners black out their stripes, swap with golf grille, change the color of the grille, even swap with GTD grille. On golfmk7, there's actually one guy who already did that.

Lodi

Go Kart Champion
This whole red stripe in the headlight is too funny.

If you don't like it that much:
a) get a red gti- it blends in with the car
b) if you don't like a red gti get the optional shitty halogen lights:barf::barf::barf:
c) If you don't like a or b get a golf
c) If you don't like all of the above stfu and just stick with the mk6.

Problem solved.

The red strip is Hitlers own working! If you get it you're supporting his cause!! THE TRAVESTY

I don't really give a shit about the stripe as I've mentioned before, but if I did hate it, why the fuck would I not be allowed to talk about it on a disscussion forum?

Get off the wagon.

Powling

Ready to race!
Nice. Very interesting about the red stripes. I wonder if the same will be true up here in Canada...

All models of 5-door in Canada come as Autobahn, so you'll get the xenons with the stripe. You have an option with the 3-door, halogens and no sunroof in the base model GTI 3-door or xenons and sunroof with the Autobahn 3-door.

Artysta

Ready to race!
I don't really give a shit about the stripe as I've mentioned before, but if I did hate it, why the fuck would I not be allowed to talk about it on a disscussion forum?

Get off the wagon.

Please do talk about it. I would love to hear about it a hundred more times every time someone mentions a mk7. Don't forget the side badge too. While you're at it tell me it needs moar low and how mexicans can't assemble cars.

Lodi

Go Kart Champion
Please do talk about it. I would love to hear about it a hundred more times every time someone mentions a mk7. Don't forget the side badge too. While you're at it tell me it needs moar low and how mexicans can't assemble cars.

I hear there's this trick where if you read something that annoys you, or that you've seen a hundred times before, you simply ignore it and instead concentrate on something you find more interesting. I know it sounds crazy, but I hear it works.

Just because you've seen or heard it a hundred times, doesn't mean that's the case for everybody else. And it sure as hell doesn't give you the right to tell me, or anybody else, to 'shut the fuck up' about it.