GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Helix Depo LED Headlight Confusion

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
What warranty? I'm sure they will work, but being told condensation in them is normal, well that kind of kills it for me. If you get those let us know how they work. I need some more convincing.

All reps have that *condensation* issue. Not sure why but every rep i have ever seen on here has had a issue (sometimes not all lights) to have condensation.

I guess you could get OEM lights if your really worried about it but they are like 4 times the price.

JSwag420

Ready to race!
All reps have that *condensation* issue. Not sure why but every rep i have ever seen on here has had a issue (sometimes not all lights) to have condensation.

I guess you could get OEM lights if your really worried about it but they are like 4 times the price.

$400>$1200 for OEM. Worth the risk for the money.

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
Crazy difference in pricing for sure. Maybe I could find a set off on a crashed car, but it better be a rear end hit. to be honest I'd rather spend that money on camera equipment.

Philimon

Ready to race!
I don't know if the threads are still around or just locked, but most feedback on these headlights have been terrible. I have a set with "fixable" adjusters sitting in the garage with nice set of HIDs inside. I just remembered I had them after seeing this thread. I meant to throw them away.

Another funny thing to me is you're having that hatch rattle issue too. I just started having that same issue on my other car (suzuki). I've tried wedging stuff behind the plastic, completely removing the plastic and just fiddling with everything under there but so far no luck. I don't want to pay an expert to look at it, so I want to trade the old car in at the local Subie dealer that gives straight $3k trade on any jalopy you drive in. GTI is about paid off so would like to wait for that first.

Philimon

Ready to race!
They say on their website if anything goes shitty on them they'll refund you up to a year. I'm thinking if they hold up perfectly for a full year, they'll be good for a while. I'm willing to take the condensation risk. Just not gonna blast them with the hose.

They don't refund (only 7 days plus 20% restocking fee and shipping charges), but do repair for up to a year. They'll fix it then it will it immediately break again after you've shipped to them and you've gone through all the hassles of uninstalls and installs. It will revolve like this for a year until the warranty dries up then you're stuck. Even if the product never worked without issue since new he will not refund you (unless 7days). That's why I had to remove mine and put in the oem halogen which do function.

JSwag420

Ready to race!
They don't refund (only 7 days plus 20% restocking fee and shipping charges), but do repair for up to a year. They'll fix it then it will it immediately break again after you've shipped to them and you've gone through all the hassles of uninstalls and installs. It will revolve like this for a year until the warranty dries up then you're stuck. Even if the product never worked without issue since new he will not refund you (unless 7days). That's why I had to remove mine and put in the oem halogen which do function.

What exactly went wrong with yours and when did you buy them?

ryanmclin12

Projectors have a tighter beam cut off so they dont blind other drivers. Hid provides a brighter longer lasting bulb but it gas ignited so it has to warm up to operating temperature. Led is the best option, they will out last the life of your car. I led swaped my stock hid projectors and now i look like the mercedes s550 rolling at night.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

MK6NGT

Ready to race!
Projectors have a tighter beam cut off so they dont blind other drivers. Hid provides a brighter longer lasting bulb but it gas ignited so it has to warm up to operating temperature. Led is the best option, they will out last the life of your car. I led swaped my stock hid projectors and now i look like the mercedes s550 rolling at night.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Any codes thrown for the led bulbs instead of the HID oem ones? If that's what you're using.

Philimon

Ready to race!
What exactly went wrong with yours and when did you buy them?

I bought them 2012 or 13. A lot went wrong.

I did a search so I could link to posts regarding issues, but it it looks like the threads with the most activity were removed because they were in the retailer classifieds and are "no longer active".

If you're going aftermarket don't get the depo. There is one newer aftermarket set that looks promising. One of the people who owned problematic helix switched to this other one. Look in the forums as it was recent.

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
Thank you for sharing your experiences with these lights. You have saved me money & a lot of aggravation.

JSwag420

Ready to race!
I bought them 2012 or 13. A lot went wrong.

I did a search so I could link to posts regarding issues, but it it looks like the threads with the most activity were removed because they were in the retailer classifieds and are "no longer active".

If you're going aftermarket don't get the depo. There is one newer aftermarket set that looks promising. One of the people who owned problematic helix switched to this other one. Look in the forums as it was recent.

If you come across the link anytime, post it here if you can. Couldn't find it.