GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Big Turbo Discussion Thread #2

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
i like changing my boost level too much. that's why i switch to a 10psi spring so i can set up the boost by gear and run low/high boost on the fly with the cortex ebc. that's disappointing to hear if that's all it takes :( my partial throttle response has always been iffy.

That's the trade off, unfortunately. Not to mention you won't have to adjust boost every time the weather changes, which in CT is 40F at night and 80F during the day.. so it'd get annoying quick lol

With my Greddy Profec I can change boost on the fly. I have a quick low boost and high boost button that can switch me between settings. If I want to change boost further, rotate the dial to bring duty cycle where I want it.

With the N75 out I was fighting the car to operate the throttle. With the N75 back in (electronically connected but not vacuum/boost connected), the car is back to being smooth at partial throttle.

Info. Uni?

james9120

Go Kart Champion
With my Greddy Profec I can change boost on the fly. I have a quick low boost and high boost button that can switch me between settings. If I want to change boost further, rotate the dial to bring duty cycle where I want it.

With the N75 out I was fighting the car to operate the throttle. With the N75 back in (electronically connected but not vacuum/boost connected), the car is back to being smooth at partial throttle.

Info. Uni?
When that jackass in a Subaru rolls up next to you the last thing I want to be thinking about is if I need to adjust my boost controller because it might be set too high for the outside temperature. Coming from experience lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

A3-Owner

Ready to race!
https://www.nostrumshop.com/product/high-flow-high-pressure-fuel-pump/

We just finished the final fitment yesterday, so it'll be a little bit till they get the production hard line made. If you call, talk to Frank. He'll be able to give you a better idea on availability.

That is from Extreme-Di it looks like from the product PDF photo. They finished it. 1600 dollars is steep. If I hadn't sold my motor and APR stage 3 kit, that could have gotten me to max out the 2867R maybe. Oh well, I will be happy with my stage 2 for auto cross/time attack.

Were you a tester for Extreme-DI and Uwe, the owner of Extreme-Di? I asked to be one but they wanted me to live closer to Detroit.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
That is from Extreme-Di it looks like from the product PDF photo. They finished it. 1600 dollars is steep. If I hadn't sold my motor and APR stage 3 kit, that could have gotten me to max out the 2867R maybe. Oh well, I will be happy with my stage 2 for auto cross/time attack.

Were you a tester for Extreme-DI and Uwe, the owner of Extreme-Di? I asked to be one but they wanted me to live closer to Detroit.

Extreme DI is making them. Nostrum is handling modifying them for different applications. Xtreme DI and Nostrum collaborate. Nostrum's main business is injectors. I've never met Uwe. From what I understand Uwe is too busy with his main business of making custom rally/racing components for racing teams to work on consumer applications. I've only been working with Nostrum on fitment for our Gen 1 EA888 engine. Working on calibration now.

kern417

Go Kart Champion

ah ok. yeah i have it plugged in to the engine harness, just not plumbed to the turbo/wastegate.

wndwsdwngti860

Upsidedown
from what i got from Unitronic, theres will be cheaper and more direct fit than this. also available around waterfest! not saying this is not a valid option but im going to wait it out and see whats up

wndwsdwngti860

Upsidedown
whelp after really taking a look at these cruising logs with James9120, im apparently pulling -12deg of timing (FML). he suggested taking a look at plug gap. im running the Bkr8eix at (i believe a 28) gap. any suggestions for plug gap if needs to be changed?

Also HIGHLY considering changing tuners as i am confident in what ive built after the blown motor incident back in september. making sure every precaution and updated part or accessory was taken care of.

ill be happy to share the cruising logs with anyone that wants to see (pm me your email). but this is where im at at the time being.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
whelp after really taking a look at these cruising logs with James9120, im apparently pulling -12deg of timing (FML). he suggested taking a look at plug gap. im running the Bkr8eix at (i believe a 28) gap. any suggestions for plug gap if needs to be changed?

I run these and the car is extremely happy at 0.026". I don't think this will address your timing problem.

wndwsdwngti860

Upsidedown
I run these and the car is extremely happy at 0.026". I don't think this will address your timing problem.

Gap would help missfires but not timing esp that much

sucks that its the weekend but already texted my soon to be new tuner. not going to drive it until the tune is redone. checking plugs today just incase.

unless someone suggests otherwise per tuning. im open

Last edited:

wndwsdwngti860

Upsidedown
anyone ever hear of motor mounts being TOO stiff and causing knock but not actually throwing a code? could this be a cause of the ecu wanting to pull THAT much timing?

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
anyone ever hear of motor mounts being TOO stiff and causing knock but not actually throwing a code? could this be a cause of the ecu wanting to pull THAT much timing?

People have had it happen, but I think it's pretty random. Definitely not 12 degrees (which you're probably pulling more since that's the max).

I have BFI Stage 2's, the 034 dogbone and have zero timing pull ever.