GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Greddy BOV?

G4T2I4

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys I'm new here so I apologize for the new question. I really like the sound of the greddy BOV and am uncertain if i can get one for my 2011 gti turbo. If so can someone please send me a link to a site that'll have everything I need for install. I see everyone has forge BOVs and can't find any greddy ones except a few YouTube videos.

Thanks in advance for the help fellas I appreciate it. :thumbsup:

tkelly0727

Ready to race!
first of welcome! as many of us on the forum would tell you not to bother with BOV and get the GFB DV+ because they don't go well with our car's ECU, fuel trims and possibly a loss in performance. Some have run them and have no problem/ haven't noticed any performance loss with the forge or the CTS kits.
here's some of your options:
Forge BOV or Diverter valve
Forge spacer
CTS BOV or Diverter valve
Turbosmart dual port bov/dv
( this one is unique and offers the user to adjust from a full DV to a Full BOV)
Turbosmart Plumbback DV
GFV DV+
( highly recommended and is the GO TO solution)
Get an air intake with an open end filter and some nice noise when your release the throttle.

G4T2I4

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for the reply and welcome man!

I already have an aFe exhaust and a CTS Cold air intake on the car that came on it already. Not to sound like a ricer but I just want the BOV for the sound it makes lmao biggest reason why I got a turbo and I've always loved the Greddy sound.

No clue what a DV is so I clearly have alot to learn with these cars. I've been in the Infiniti scene for the past 11 years and ALWAYS wanted VW and have been super happy thus far!

G4T2I4

Passed Driver's Ed
Off topic but is there a 'better mk6 forum that has a more lively classifieds section? There isn't much at all with the one in this forum. :-(

tkelly0727

Ready to race!
Yeah, just read up on the post on here. you'll pretty much find everything you need.

You can have a look at ECS for BOV options
https://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Golf_VI--2.0T/Engine/Turbocharger/Blow_Off_Valve/

also, I like to use modded euros and get the 5% discount (GolfMK6Forum)
but their options are limited.
https://www.moddedeuros.com/volkswagen/golf-gti/mk6-10-13/engine-parts/blow-off-diverter-valves

another good sight is urotuning
http://www.urotuning.com/Diverter-Valves-s/2609.htm

tkelly0727

Ready to race!
Off topic but is there a 'better mk6 forum that has a more lively classifieds section? There isn't much at all with the one in this forum. :-(

you can also go on FB page "burnallthemk6's" or " mk6 VW Driver group"
also theres vwvortex

P.S im probably going to end up selling my Turbosmart Dual port BOV. it was fun having some BOV noise but had to take it off for smog inspections and threw on my old GFB DV+

tkelly0727

Ready to race!
You're a good man sir!

Ready to sell the BOV and make my decision a bit easier? Lmao :-D

the boost tap is still on my manifold atm when I get it off then ill clean it up and i can let you know. but if I were you if you are interested, get the BSH boost tap because the turbosmart one is a poor design, uses two tiny screws to hold it in place

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
No clue what a DV is so I clearly have alot to learn with these cars. I've been in the Infiniti scene for the past 11 years and ALWAYS wanted VW and have been super happy thus far!
a DV is a diverter valve. Which is what our car uses stock to distribute the excess air back into the intake and not out into the atmosphere(BOV).

DV are also sometimes called recirculating valves.

Most people like mentioned above will not recommend a BOV since we already use a DV and the engine/ECU has already counted the air that will get diverted back in. When you use a BOV it now vents to atmosphere but the computer is still expecting that much air to come through and it can throw off fuel trims.

Most of the time you here a BOV is on a car that didnt come stock with a turbo. Most cars that come with turbos will use a DV.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
just for funs heres how they work

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
So all I need for greddy or hks bov to fit is a clamp on adapter and I'm good to go right?

You still want to add it, even though there's no point/nor is it recommended? :iono:

Spend the money on a tune instead, which WILL actually make a difference

G4T2I4

Passed Driver's Ed
Coming from an NA Infiniti to a turbo VW I would like a BOV for a little bit then I'll switch to a DV and tune later on. I appreciate the input though so thank you for that nonetheless.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Coming from an NA Infiniti to a turbo VW I would like a BOV for a little bit then I'll switch to a DV and tune later on. I appreciate the input though so thank you for that nonetheless.

If you have a louder intake you'll still get a good amount of noise from a dv, will just be a bit more muffled than an actual bov.