GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Intake manifold replacement

boostedmk6

Go Kart Champion
Hey guys,

Has anyone had any luck getting a faulty intake manifold replaced under the extended warranty?

My car is throwing a p02015 and likely needs a new manifold. I know VW extended the warranty on this part, just cant find the letter VW sent out.

Darkryd87

mmm boost is right, I went to the dealership and asked for the cost and said " it will cost you nothing" although they will also ask about carbon cleaning and fuel injectors for upsale.

davisharr

Go Kart Champion
Hey guys,

Has anyone had any luck getting a faulty intake manifold replaced under the extended warranty?

My car is throwing a p02015 and likely needs a new manifold. I know VW extended the warranty on this part, just cant find the letter VW sent out.

My car had it done by pervious owner, intake manifold replacement was no cost, but they opted to do carbon cleaning a little bit early which cost them a bit. I am glad they did it though as its one thing I don't have to worry about for a bit longer!

Norvix

I just got mine replaced last week under coverage, although i had to fork out $200 for a carbon cleaning.

Tony48

Go Kart Champion
http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64670

When I had the p2015 code I brought the car to dealership and told them what was going on. Told them I wanted to pay the additional labor for a carbon cleaning if the manifold was being replaced under warranty. $200 later (2hrs of labor for carbon cleaning) I had a new manifold and clean valves.

gdub09

Ready to race!
Damn where are you guys getting carbon cleaning for $200? Mine was like $450

Connorc

Hey guys,

I actually had mine replaced yesterday on my 2014 GTI but the extended warranty for the manifold wasn't applied for some reason. Luckily i had an unknown emissions warranty so i still got off for free :thumbsup:

boostedmk6

Go Kart Champion
Update:

Dealer refused to replace intake manifold under extended warranty because of ECU flash. Replaced out of pocket and did carbon cleaning at the same time .

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
Update:

Dealer refused to replace intake manifold under extended warranty because of ECU flash. Replaced out of pocket and did carbon cleaning at the same time .

Really? Where did you take it to? Martingrove VW is somewhat cool with tune cars. Is your ecu coded or did they ask you? Make sure they gave you the most up to date manifold.

How much was your carbon cleaning?

Tech72

Ready to race!
Heads up for TD1 flagged members in the GTA (that's Greater Toronto Area for those not from the region).

My '10 GTI threw the ever so common P02015 code. I took it to Mississauga VW and Georgetown VW (G-town being the dealership that originally loaded the APR Stage 1 tune on my car), both did their diagnostics and confirmed the intake manifold failure. But VW Canada and Georgetown VW will NOT honour the extended warranty on the intake manifold due to the APR tune. Even though it was Georgetown VW that originally did the freakin' tune. The invoice was on VW stationary with their information. The G-town VW tech that did the tune assured me that VW wouldn't have any issues with it. Or I might have had second thoughts about getting the tune in the first place. Jump ahead a few years, a notoriously unreliable part fails on my car that has nothing to do with the tune, but G-town VW now backs away. They say it's not their responsibility and will not stand behind their work. Tough luck to me.

https://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117204

Hope you guys have better luck with your VW dealerships. A new intake manifold is less than $300 and I can install it in a couple of hours in my garage. But that's not the point. It's the principle behind a dealership that will take your money and lie to you when getting paid, but will turn the other way and not honour or stand behind their work. In retrospect, the thought that both Mississauga VW and Georgetown VW actually tried to sell me a new VW when I was in for previous services is disappointment and borderline offensive. I almost even fell for the sales pitch. But this will be my last VW me thinks.

Last edited:

zrickety

The Fixer
Don't forget ECS has the bracket fix for the manifold, supposed to take care of this P2015 issue permanently for $50 without removing it.