GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Possible to have each key behave differently (auto-locking?)

bruck

Ready to race!
My fiancé and I are having a difference of opinion in regards to how the locks work and I was wondering if her key could behave one way and mine another.

I like when pressing unlock once opens every door and driving doesn't re-lock them.

She likes when the key only unlocks the driver door and then likes when the doors re-lock after she begins to drive.

Can these features be turned off for one of our keys and not the other? If not I'll probably just turn off the re-lock feature and consider it a nice compromise.

My fiancé and I are having a difference of opinion in regards to how the locks work and I was wondering if her key could behave one way and mine another.

I like when pressing unlock once opens every door and driving doesn't re-lock them.

She likes when the key only unlocks the driver door and then likes when the doors re-lock after she begins to drive.

Can these features be turned off for one of our keys and not the other? If not I'll probably just turn off the re-lock feature and consider it a nice compromise.

Vag-com may be able to fix it.

if not, the travesty and hardships ahead of you both, one having to go through the trouble of pressing the button twice, and the other having to reach allllll the way the 7 inches to the door and presing the LOCK button, hopefully wont be too hard on the both of you.

or just buy her her own GTI. lol.

(by this point, if your mad rading this, your sarcasm meter is way off. look for VAG-COM)

bruck

Ready to race!
Vag-com may be able to fix it.

if not, the travesty and hardships ahead of you both, one having to go through the trouble of pressing the button twice, and the other having to reach allllll the way the 7 inches to the door and presing the LOCK button, hopefully wont be too hard on the both of you.

or just buy her her own GTI. lol.

(by this point, if your mad rading this, your sarcasm meter is way off. look for VAG-COM)

hahaha. Mad, thats not me bud. Very funny. I figured VAG-COM is the answer if there is one. I was just wondering if our cars had individual key settings inside VAG-COM.

hahaha. Mad, thats not me bud. Very funny. I figured VAG-COM is the answer if there is one. I was just wondering if our cars had individual key settings inside VAG-COM.

:thumbsup:

Yeah i dunno. I dont own a vag-com yet. But search around ur regional forums and see if anybody can assist. I would if i had it and was near u. Best o' luvk : )

Keithuk

Go Kart Champion
Last edited:

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
No it will not do it for individual keys, just the control module the keys are synced too. They produce the same signals and the module can only read one signal that has been set from the factory. Its not a multivariate thing.

Wishful thinking. Tell her to deal with it, or do what is inevitable........do what she wants.

bruck

Ready to race!
VCDS/VAG-COM will change any settings you want for locking/unlocking just the same as you can do the the MFD menus but I don't think it will set it for individual keys.

I won't hurt to try it with your fiancés and your keys in the MFD menus. I'll post a link to these setting when the other forum is online?

Update: Multifunction display (MFI or MFD) FAQ and menu settings on VW Golf and Jetta TDI

I believe that only the "auto un-lock" is available in the cluster, the one click to unlock all and the doors and the re-lock at speed are not available unless I missed them.