GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Snow Storm in Eastern PA

1BoostedMK6

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys,

After getting hammered with snow all day here in Eastern PA, I decided it was time to have some fun with my newly purchased snow tires (Dunlop wintersport 3D's) and i am quite impressed coming from an E36 M3's winter drivability. I was honestly trying to get stuck on inclines and unplowed streets and could not make it happen, def adds a nice sense of confidence instead of anxiety when you see the first few snowflakes start to fall. Decided to take a shot of the car post snow driving before I got the snowblower out.

[/URL][/IMG]

Rascal

Ready to race!
Eh....i don't miss that stuff.

Zillon

Go Kart Champion
We have roughly a foot of the white fluffy stuff here in Langhorne.

Glad you like the car with the snow tires, I've been trying to stretch my DWS' through this winter, but it was downright miserable getting home from work this afternoon. They only have maybe 12k on them, too.

Calvinball

Go Kart Champion
I didn't find it to be too bad with the stockers, albeit with 4k miles on them. Once I got out of the city traffic I actually had some fun with the handbrake, which I couldn't do with my wrx.

I will definitely be getting dedicated sets down the line though.

Zillon

Go Kart Champion
I didn't find it to be too bad with the stockers, albeit with 4k miles on them. Once I got out of the city traffic I actually had some fun with the handbrake, which I couldn't do with my wrx.

I will definitely be getting dedicated sets down the line though.

The girlfriend's Mini has a set of the OEM ContiProContacts, which aren't that great for much of anything (or at least I thought), but her car has been phenomenal in the snow this year.

I figured I'd be OK with the DWS'. Oh well.

Watch, I'll get winter tires for next year and we won't get any damn snow.

1BoostedMK6

Passed Driver's Ed
We have roughly a foot of the white fluffy stuff here in Langhorne.

Glad you like the car with the snow tires, I've been trying to stretch my DWS' through this winter, but it was downright miserable getting home from work this afternoon. They only have maybe 12k on them, too.

I know the feeling i used to just get a friend to pick me up if it was sticking bad not worth risking my car and others on the road haha.

1BoostedMK6

Passed Driver's Ed
I have the same tires on steelies. Was easy peasy getting home. Love these tires!

+1 epic in the snow. Although I have nothing to compare them to I am highly impressed thus far.

1BoostedMK6

Passed Driver's Ed
Had no issues with my Blizzaks....:D

Blizzaks and general arctic max's were on the list as well but sold out by the time I went to order. Sure they all work relatively simiarly in the snow and ice.