GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any Philly locals(or close to it)? Just got my MK6

Pooley

Ready to race!
Sorry I vanished, was busy changing my timing chains the later part of last week and crossing my fingers that the car would run after all the work was completed. Got it running again Friday night and spent the weekend transporting one of my kids to various events and testing out the car. I'm only 10 minutes or so from Andorra Shopping Center. I never know what plans my wife has in store for me so meet-ups tend to be rare for me. There's another forum member I text a lot that also has a K04'd Mk6 that lives down in Center City that might have interest in a meet-up but I'm not sure of his schedule. If you guys happen to arrange a quick meet-up I'll see if I can swing by wherever you are.

PhillyDSG

Passed Driver's Ed
Sorry I vanished, was busy changing my timing chains the later part of last week and crossing my fingers that the car would run after all the work was completed. Got it running again Friday night and spent the weekend transporting one of my kids to various events and testing out the car. I'm only 10 minutes or so from Andorra Shopping Center. I never know what plans my wife has in store for me so meet-ups tend to be rare for me. There's another forum member I text a lot that also has a K04'd Mk6 that lives down in Center City that might have interest in a meet-up but I'm not sure of his schedule. If you guys happen to arrange a quick meet-up I'll see if I can swing by wherever you are.
Np man. I ended up being busy with my kid and gf all weekend. Had a 13 year work reunion to coordinate.

How is the car running? I just take mine to my audi master tech pal for work. I live in an association so i get fined for even changing a flat tire.

But yeah if you guys want to get something going ever just hit me up on fbook or something. I go by my middle name on there "jerrell roberts"

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Pooley

Ready to race!
Car is running great, best it has in a while. The original timing chain had some stretch to it and now the car pulls better, especially in the low rpm range below 2500, and has a smoother idle. I just crossed 127kmi this weekend and the car has been tuned in some fashion for over 100kmi of it's life. Stage 1 around 24-27kmi, Stage 2 around 40-42kmi, and K04 just past 100kmi, so it put a beating on the cam chain. Typical service life is supposed to be 150kmi so I figured new chains were due based on how the car ran and am very happy with the results. The parts aren't cheap, though, even with labor cost being zero.

PhillyDSG

Passed Driver's Ed
Car is running great, best it has in a while. The original timing chain had some stretch to it and now the car pulls better, especially in the low rpm range below 2500, and has a smoother idle. I just crossed 127kmi this weekend and the car has been tuned in some fashion for over 100kmi of it's life. Stage 1 around 24-27kmi, Stage 2 around 40-42kmi, and K04 just past 100kmi, so it put a beating on the cam chain. Typical service life is supposed to be 150kmi so I figured new chains were due based on how the car ran and am very happy with the results. The parts aren't cheap, though, even with labor cost being zero.
Nice. I'm probably gonna buy a TBE and intake this year. Then due the tune and tranny reflash. My car has on 33.8k miles on it. Then consider a turbo upgrade next year. Got a teenager in High School and looking at houses with the gf so i can't be a liberal with go fast funds

Pooley

Ready to race!
Ha, I know how that goes. Have a daughter going into senior year of high school with her own car (insurance ain't cheap) plus a 13 year old son. College visits for the daughter and both Boy Scouts and Taekwondo 3-4x/week for my son plus summer vacations and house needs all add up fast. I've done way too much to my car and am in maintenance mode now to keep it running to avoid a new car payment as long as possible.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

PhillyDSG

Passed Driver's Ed
Ha, I know how that goes. Have a daughter going into senior year of high school with her own car (insurance ain't cheap) plus a 13 year old son. College visits for the daughter and both Boy Scouts and Taekwondo 3-4x/week for my son plus summer vacations and house needs all add up fast. I've done way too much to my car and am in maintenance mode now to keep it running to avoid a new car payment as long as possible.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Yeah this is a new payment and was concerned with the arrival of maintenance costs for an A3 from 2008 with 171k on the clock. Daughter is going to be a sophomore this year and she's looking at college and i know her mother won't help.

Last edited:

ShawnP

Ready to race!
I'm in south philly, I see a lot of modded gti around temples campus when I am at work.

Pics bc I love my car lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PhillyDSG

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm in south philly, I see a lot of modded gti around temples campus when I am at work.

Pics bc I love my car lol

I'm all for linking up.

Ps i love your car too

My facebook is under my middle name

"Jerrell roberts"

Last edited:

ShawnP

Ready to race!
I frequent that gym often seen a gti in the apartment parking lot the other day. What's everyone's current mods and exterior interior?? I'm going apr stage two Monday

I have manly cosmetics mods

Apr Stage 1
AWE Catback
H&R Super Sport Springs
OEM Audi Peelers 19x8.5 (powder coated gunmetal with flake semi)
Color matched Front Valance
Full Deauto Key LED Interior light with color changing footwells
ED Reps LED tail light

mtbriderrusty

Passed Driver's Ed
I have manly cosmetics mods

Apr Stage 1
AWE Catback
H&R Super Sport Springs
OEM Audi Peelers 19x8.5 (powder coated gunmetal with flake semi)
Color matched Front Valance
Full Deauto Key LED Interior light with color changing footwells
ED Reps LED tail light

Sexy car man!

Sorry to everyone else who's been trying to meet up. Been under my car all weekend putting new Apr downpipe in and dogbone insert. Got stage two tune yesterday and I still have a revision d diverted valve to instal and a short shift kit from ecs. Waiting on a few bits for my boost gauge.

Shocked at the torque of stage two, slipping my clutch already so I have to baby the crap out of it.

K04 peeps what clutch do you run?? Because k04 is in my future I just want to make sure I can handle that power since I'm going to have to replace the Clutch soon and don't want to pay labor twice.

PhillyDSG

Passed Driver's Ed
Sexy car man!

Sorry to everyone else who's been trying to meet up. Been under my car all weekend putting new Apr downpipe in and dogbone insert. Got stage two tune yesterday and I still have a revision d diverted valve to instal and a short shift kit from ecs. Waiting on a few bits for my boost gauge.

Shocked at the torque of stage two, slipping my clutch already so I have to baby the crap out of it.

K04 peeps what clutch do you run?? Because k04 is in my future I just want to make sure I can handle that power since I'm going to have to replace the Clutch soon and don't want to pay labor twice.

I'm stock DSG so yeah... :( lol

mtbriderrusty

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm stock DSG so yeah... :( lol

If you plan on upgrading intake and downpipe and tune do yourself a favor and get a clutch around the same time. I can't used 4th 5th and 6th to any true potential