GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Replace TSI Vapor Canister Check Valve (N80) w/o removing intake manifold

Skitals

Ready to race!
As you might know, the n80 valve on the TSI is permanently affixed to the hose assembly which attaches out of reach behind the intake manifold. I had the brilliant idea to cut the damn thing out and use hose clamps and some spare hose to attach a new valve. Only problem is the stock assembly (06J133781CE) is $100+. If anyone else decides to go this route, instead of hacking up that new $100 hose assembly, be advised the purge valve assembly from a 3.0T A6/A7 has the identical valve with obviously different hose. The part is 06E133781K and is about $60. If you are going to hack off the hose anyway, you mine as well save $40 :thumbup:

Timothy Bryce

Ready to race!
Bringing this back from the dead.
Tempted to try this hack myself as don't fancy paying someone for hours of labour if I can do a quick fix myself that does the job perfectly adequately.
Wondering if the OP @Skitals has any photos? I'd like to know, did you splice between two lengths of the hard plastic hose or did you remove the hard plastic hose completely from the new valve and place the new hose between the valve and the old hose?

kosmaras

Go Kart Newbie
Bringing this back from the dead.
Tempted to try this hack myself as don't fancy paying someone for hours of labour if I can do a quick fix myself that does the job perfectly adequately.
Wondering if the OP @Skitals has any photos? I'd like to know, did you splice between two lengths of the hard plastic hose or did you remove the hard plastic hose completely from the new valve and place the new hose between the valve and the old hose?

I actually did this after Skitals brilliant discovery. Here are the pictures from my install. I cut the line off of the new valve, and then cut the hard plastic hose a ways down so I could install the rubber hose without and kinks or tension on it. I can measure how long it is if you'd like.

Attachments

• cc1.jpg
    cc1.jpg
    585.1 KB · Views: 3,471
  • cc2.jpg
    cc2.jpg
    645.7 KB · Views: 1,250

Timothy Bryce

Ready to race!
I actually did this after Skitals brilliant discovery. Here are the pictures from my install. I cut the line off of the new valve, and then cut the hard plastic hose a ways down so I could install the rubber hose without and kinks or tension on it. I can measure how long it is if you'd like.

Thank you! No that's fine; your pictures are plenty; much appreciated.
I have a P0441 code and very slight misfire at idle (hot) I'm going to try switching out the canister and hose first but if they don't solve the problem I'll definitely be doing this.

kosmaras

Go Kart Newbie
Thank you! No that's fine; your pictures are plenty; much appreciated.
I have a P0441 code and very slight misfire at idle (hot) I'm going to try switching out the canister and hose first but if they don't solve the problem I'll definitely be doing this.
Cool! Good luck! I bought the exact PN that Skitals posted and it's worked great for a year so far.

m0j0jojo

Passed Driver's Ed
As you might know, the n80 valve on the TSI is permanently affixed to the hose assembly which attaches out of reach behind the intake manifold. I had the brilliant idea to cut the damn thing out and use hose clamps and some spare hose to attach a new valve. Only problem is the stock assembly (06J133781CE) is $100+. If anyone else decides to go this route, instead of hacking up that new $100 hose assembly, be advised the purge valve assembly from a 3.0T A6/A7 has the identical valve with obviously different hose. The part is 06E133781K and is about $60. If you are going to hack off the hose anyway, you mine as well save $40 👍

What hose size did you use?