GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Do you guys have "coming home" "leaving home" "footwell lights" options in MFD?

super steve

Ready to race!

My GTI doesn't
I was wondering if all canadian GTI was like this.
Because the US members saying the features are supposed to be there and the dealer updated their mfd when they went in with mfd without the features.

zee

Go Kart Champion
Mine has only "footwell lights" and "comfort lights" under the "Lights & Vision" menu.

Blackfish

Same here. I asked my dealer about it and he didn't have a clue. Any other Canadians get this functionality added? Would be nice to turn off the car and have the lights on for a few minutes.

Also, what is the deal with the 'Bend Lights'. I saw a video of a 2010 GTI and the guy was moving the lights up, down, left right, all over... is there a way to do this manually or was he just turning the wheel?
I'm assuming that's what the 'bend lights' check box does, allow the headlights to move or not, right? (read the manual, still can't find that explained.)

One thing about the manual... we Canadians (and Americans I guess) are missing SO many cool features that they only put into the European Golfs and GTI's especially. Hard seeing all the cool tech in the manual only to realize that we don't have it :)

zee

Go Kart Champion
I'm assuming that's what the 'bend lights' check box does, allow the headlights to move or not, right? (read the manual, still can't find that explained.)
:)

Second time I have read that, I wonder why there is a variation. Mine has Corner Lighting listed instead.

There is a poster on vwvortex who had bend lighting listed. Everyone thought he was crazy till he posted this picture.

Blackfish

Right, Bend Lighting. But does anybody know what it means? :)
I guess it's just this Bend lighting: http://dynabeam.hella-online.com/EN/index.swf

The 2010 Mazda3 has a dial like the interior light dimmer for their vsn of AFS. Thought there would be some manual control, but I guess not. (Not sure why I'd want it..just saying :)

Last edited:

zee

Go Kart Champion
Right, Bend Lighting. But does anybody know what it means? :)

AFAIK, Bend lighting = Corner lighting = Xenon AFS(Adaptive Front Lighting System) = Projector left-right swivel based on steering angle and vehicle speed.

vman1979

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello,
I have mk6 gti and i have leaving home and coming home options in my mfd. I can adjust them up to 30 seconds.

super steve

Ready to race!
For those of you with Footwell light option,
are you equiped with navigation headunit?

I went for my first oil change and they have told me its normal to not have the footwell option even though I told them other 2010 GTIs have this setting.

zee

Go Kart Champion
I have navigation and footwell light. Have you done a visual cheak of the driver footwell? It is pretty easy to spot the light next to the OBD II port.

super steve

Ready to race!
I have navigation and footwell light. Have you done a visual cheak of the driver footwell? It is pretty easy to spot the light next to the OBD II port.

Yes,
I even swapped out the lights to red LEDs even though i switched them back to the yellowish bulbs before I went to the dealer. (So that they dont blame it on aftermarket bulbs)

They only turn on when the doors are open and always off when they are not open.

LittleJohny

Go Kart Champion
is coming home when the lights stay on for ~30 sec or whatever after locking the car? And leaving home is lights coming on after u unlock?