GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > VW Golf R Forum

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 10:37 AM   #1
AF-MKVI
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2011 DSG GTI & 2011 DSG TDI
Motor Trend Golf R Video Review

http://wot.motortrend.com/ignition-e...comment-462435

Not sure if this has been posted yet.
2011 DSG GTI- APR Stage II -APR Carbonio I&II -Eurojet DP V1 -Neuspeed C/B -Godspeed FMIC -Neuspeed IDP -AWE TOP -R8 Coils -034 Engine & Trans Mounts -Neuspeed Tq Mount Insert -H&R Sport Springs -MKV Bilstein B8's -TT Strut Mounts -Passat FCA's -H&R 28mm F&R Sways -UltraRacing Mid Brace -Stern Brace -Maniacs DSG Paddles -AWE Boost Gauge -OEM Front Lip -Underbody Aero -RS3 Brake Ducts -17" Nurburgrings's w/ 235 DW's-Neuspeed Rotors -Stoptech Pads -USP SS Lines -Tyrolsport Bushings>13.26@105.10
Old 03-06-2012, 03:05 PM   #2
Jellybean
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: Gli gxp
it was like 5 topics down dont you read
http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33041
buick verano turbo
Old 03-06-2012, 03:11 PM   #3
AF-MKVI
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2011 DSG GTI & 2011 DSG TDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
it was like 5 topics down dont you read
http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33041
....Dick
2011 DSG GTI- APR Stage II -APR Carbonio I&II -Eurojet DP V1 -Neuspeed C/B -Godspeed FMIC -Neuspeed IDP -AWE TOP -R8 Coils -034 Engine & Trans Mounts -Neuspeed Tq Mount Insert -H&R Sport Springs -MKV Bilstein B8's -TT Strut Mounts -Passat FCA's -H&R 28mm F&R Sways -UltraRacing Mid Brace -Stern Brace -Maniacs DSG Paddles -AWE Boost Gauge -OEM Front Lip -Underbody Aero -RS3 Brake Ducts -17" Nurburgrings's w/ 235 DW's-Neuspeed Rotors -Stoptech Pads -USP SS Lines -Tyrolsport Bushings>13.26@105.10
Old 03-07-2012, 09:54 AM   #4
ToddMcF2002
Drag Race Newbie

Drives: CSG 4-Door .:R
Not a bad video really. A couple points worth mentioning IMO:

1. The Evo and STi comments. Out of the gate, those cars are not "much faster". In fact they are quite tame in stock form. They are great cars for modding but in watered down stock form and are simply "slightly faster". I would agree that they are better "platforms" for getting the most out of them with mods, so you are trading off raw potential (Evo, Sti) for refinement, which he suggests.

2. Not to fuel the fire for all the GTI trolls, but the ESC thing is going to be a problem. I don't want it flashed off for daily driving. I want a button!

Just for grins and giggles I looked around for a car that matched my basic criteria:
- AWD, 6spd, track and mod potential
Here is my take if anyone cares:
- Audi fails because of the auto manual focus (again for me).
- BMW's are just too big these days and optioned out are too pricy.
- I already had an Evo so I know I want more of a "use case" balanced car.
- STi... to me that is the only option that has merit. The sedan is FUBAR but the 5 door is a nice car. The issue for me is that the boxer engine gets loud as f*ck when you mod (back to the use case thing) and the interior, while better than the Evo is still lacking. The seats simply suck. The ringland issue.

I'm still back to the R.

Closed Thread