GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Off-Topic Discussions > OFF-TOPIC Lounge!

Old 03-19-2018, 04:22 AM   #1
Korydogg
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: '14 Drivers Edition
Yea, I guess I have a lead foot

I have about a 50 min commute to work everyday....and most of that is highway. After driving it so many times I have a good idea where the highway patrol is gonna be. So far I've gotten pretty lucky but I pretty much hammer down every day.

Anyone else play with fire and drive faster than the posted speed limit?
Korydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 08:38 AM   #2
nickmk6r
Go Kart Champion

Drives: 2013 MK6 Golf R
I have a 5 mile highway commute everyday and solidly go 110 the entire way 🤪 i usually go 20 over locally anywhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nickmk6r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 09:40 AM   #3
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2011 Candy White 3-Door GTi DSG
i am on the opposite spectrum for the most part. I typically only do speed limit in city and stuff. Sometimes on the highway i go 75-80mph.

Of course i sometimes do spirited driving runs but for the most part i cap out at 100mph. Im old now (26yo). My girl calls me a "lame ass" for many reason,in a joking manor... or at least i think so lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laimface View Post
hahaha why am I your signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagi123 View Post
just like god intended. he didnt kill off the dinosaurs for their sweet sweet bone juice to have it go getting wasted by eco-obsessed torque thieves.
lilonespaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 10:03 AM   #4
bart2278
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: racecar kngikcuf a sti
Around the city I try to do the speed limit, which means no more than 5 over. On the highway I try to do no more than 10 over, and I have waze on with a radar detector as well. However, when someone is driving like a window licking fucktard(some may have heard this insult before), I often drive faster out of anger. There are exceptions to everything I just said, but for the most part I drive close to the speed limit.
Eurodyne Tune • ECS Intake • RSR Clutch • Peloquin LSD • Fluidampr Crank Pulley• Neuspeed FMIC • Charge & Top Pipe • Turbosmart Thing • Dieselgeek Short Throw • Eurojet Catless DP • Vanguard Catback • R8 Coils • Bosch Plugs • 034 Street Density Trans/Motor Mounts • Advanti HY Hybris Black • Conti ExtremeContact • Mabotech m380h w/tune
bart2278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 03:24 AM   #5
Korydogg
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: '14 Drivers Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilonespaz View Post
i am on the opposite spectrum for the most part. I typically only do speed limit in city and stuff. Sometimes on the highway i go 75-80mph.

Of course i sometimes do spirited driving runs but for the most part i cap out at 100mph. Im old now (26yo). My girl calls me a "lame ass" for many reason,in a joking manor... or at least i think so lol
Theres nothing wrong with that. I am 31 and I'm not saying I get out there and drive like an douche and cut people off.

....but when the road opens up I've been known to get up to speed. I live in California and theres this misconception here that you have to race to every light and gotta drive like you stole it......but I don't think that's the case. I think you can be a classy speeder and not piss everyone off around you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bart2278 View Post
Around the city I try to do the speed limit, which means no more than 5 over. On the highway I try to do no more than 10 over, and I have waze on with a radar detector as well. However, when someone is driving like a window licking fucktard(some may have heard this insult before), I often drive faster out of anger. There are exceptions to everything I just said, but for the most part I drive close to the speed limit.
Right on. I usually try to pass people in the left lane on the highway.....but I give them like a solid 5 to 7 seconds to get over......if theres room on the right I'm gonna go around. No worries.
Korydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 09:14 AM   #6
GreyGti1990
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2011 Gti 4-door
I'm more like Lilonespaz now as well. There are times where I'll get up in speed on the highway but for the most part I don't go over 80 on the highway. Of course if its wide open I'll do a pull or 2 but I stop at 100 and coast back down to 70/80 (27 years old).

I attribute this more with all the run ins with the law I've had. I've had probably around 3-4 speeding tickets, 2-3 wreckless driving charges, and 1 street racing charge (car towed, spent the night at the station) since getting my license at 16. All of these were when no one was around for the most part... that street racing charge was done at 2am on a very longggg on-ramp, was just bad luck.

But I'm trying to calm down - can't afford it $$$ and sick of the points on my license. So now I'm going to the drag strip and autox lol.
2011 4-door CSG 6-speed GTi - Sigma Six, Boost gauge, AWE TOP/CTS Throttle, APR Carbonio, Revo 2, GFB DV+,SB st3 Daily(485ft lbs), VWR FSB, DG Springs, WALK, Collar Kit, Fluidampr, APR downpipe, 225/45/17 PSS, Sparco Assetto Gara, Stoptech slotted rotors/pads, Uni Intercooler, BFI Knob, USP SS lines, ATE fluid, Beluga Cat-back, LED Tails, New Tensioner.
Soon to Come: Tints, R Bumper, Headlights, Pendulum Mount, Rear sway
GreyGti1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 09:53 AM   #7
JayJayTheJetPlane
Oval Champion

Drives: 2013 CSG DSG Autobahn GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilonespaz View Post

Same exact situation here lol...I also just have shit luck when it comes to finding cops so just not even worth it (could also be just the car grabbing their attention)
JayJayTheJetPlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 10:14 AM   #8
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyGti1990 View Post
I'm more like Lilonespaz now as well. There are times where I'll get up in speed on the highway but for the most part I don't go over 80 on the highway. Of course if its wide open I'll do a pull or 2 but I stop at 100 and coast back down to 70/80 (27 years old).

I attribute this more with all the run ins with the law I've had. I've had probably around 3-4 speeding tickets, 2-3 wreckless driving charges, and 1 street racing charge (car towed, spent the night at the station) since getting my license at 16. All of these were when no one was around for the most part... that street racing charge was done at 2am on a very longggg on-ramp, was just bad luck.

But I'm trying to calm down - can't afford it $$$ and sick of the points on my license. So now I'm going to the drag strip and autox lol.
Yeah man if only i can get the girl to slow down too lol. Shes quite the little speed racer but when your uncle was the county sheriff for 40 years you tend to get away with certain offenses... especially now that she wants to drive my car more

I am called the "dad" by my group of friends because i just cruise to places. lol that and i wear comfortable sneakers
Quote:
Quote:
just like god intended. he didnt kill off the dinosaurs for their sweet sweet bone juice to have it go getting wasted by eco-obsessed torque thieves.
Old 03-22-2018, 10:01 AM   #9
damagi123
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2012 GTI DSG
Around town I drive like the world is an autocross. Its just how I get my good brain chemicals. I chirp off the line and take every turn like its the apex of Gambon. Im 33 but people around me must think Im like 17 lol. But when Im just cruising down the highway, its 5 over and thats it. I dont get why people cruise at ticketable speeds at all. It doesnt give me any enjoyment and it costs money lol.

At the same time when I see some fuckin chevy aveo ripping down the highway at 90 I think "good for you man"
APR K04 V3.1, APR DSG tune, APR Intake, Uni intercooler, UR Catless Downpipe, CTS Chargepipe & TOP, W.A.L.K, APR 27mm Front and Rear Sways, ECS Dogbone insert, 034 Subframe Collars, Pedalbox throttle controller, 17" Fujins on Conti DW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Holliday
"You're no daisy. No daisy at all."
damagi123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 10:29 AM   #10
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver

Quote:
Around town I drive like the world is an autocross. Its just how I get my good brain chemicals. I chirp off the line and take every turn like its the apex of Gambon. Im 33 but people around me must think Im like 17 lol. But when Im just cruising down the highway, its 5 over and thats it. I dont get why people cruise at ticketable speeds at all. It doesnt give me any enjoyment and it costs money lol.

At the same time when I see some fuckin chevy aveo ripping down the highway at 90 I think "good for you man"
they can do 90mph?
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-22-2018, 02:23 PM   #11
jkdiver
Ready to race!

Drives: VW Mk6GTI REVO stage 1 p-flo intake
If I wasn't going to drive hard I would've bought a different car.

I get off of work at 11pm and I've worked out a nice route home with a quiet highway and a twisty back road, so driving home is the highlight of my day. The only problem is that there is this one really gorgeous ramp from one highway to another that is uphill and canted just right for a really satisfying pull, but 90% of the time there is some douchebag taking the thing at 35mph that gets in my way and it makes me want to cry. I feel lucky that my schedule allows me to cut loose on the regular because though I love to drive fast, but traffic rarely makes it safe or even possible during the day. ( I'm 51 and I've never driven harder hahaha ).
Old 03-22-2018, 02:39 PM   #12
sterkrazzy
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: mk6 gti
My route to work and back home has so much traffic I don't usually get to have much fun so I try to take advantage of an open road when I can. If I have the room for it I'll step on it a bit in 2nd and 3rd gear, but it's rare that I even take it past 60 mph. I don't play around much on the highway either. I'll step on it for the on ramp, but I don't usually go much faster than 80 on the highway. Even when I'm really getting on it I probably don't go past 5500 rpms very often, so I try to have a little bit of fun...just not too much fun lol
Mk6 CSG GTI 6sp | Stratified Tuned | Sachs SRE Stage 2 Clutch | DG SS | Raceseng Ashiko Heavy Shift Knob | Integrated Engineering CAI | CTS Turboback | GFB DV+ | Neuspeed RSe52's + Intercooler | Michelin PSS | 034 RSB + Upper Strut Mounts + Street Density Motor Mounts + Locking Collars | Eibach Pro-Street-S Coils | Energy Suspension Dogbone Insert | Fluidampr Pulley | Tyrolsport Stage 2 Hatch Brace | Stoptech Slotted Rotors
sterkrazzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 03:08 PM   #13
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterkrazzy View Post
so I try to have a little bit of fun...just not too much fun lol
thats what i tell my girl when she complains im driving "too slow"
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-23-2018, 04:00 PM   #14
damagi123
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2012 GTI DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdiver View Post
I get off of work at 11pm and I've worked out a nice route home with a quiet highway and a twisty back road, so driving home is the highlight of my day. The only problem is that there is this one really gorgeous ramp from one highway to another that is uphill and canted just right for a really satisfying pull, but 90% of the time there is some douchebag taking the thing at 35mph that gets in my way and it makes me want to cry. I feel lucky that my schedule allows me to cut loose on the regular because though I love to drive fast, but traffic rarely makes it safe or even possible during the day. ( I'm 51 and I've never driven harder hahaha ).
The beautiful on ramp with the person going 35 in front of you is the most frustrating situation i can think of haha
APR K04 V3.1, APR DSG tune, APR Intake, Uni intercooler, UR Catless Downpipe, CTS Chargepipe & TOP, W.A.L.K, APR 27mm Front and Rear Sways, ECS Dogbone insert, 034 Subframe Collars, Pedalbox throttle controller, 17" Fujins on Conti DW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Holliday
"You're no daisy. No daisy at all."
damagi123 is offline   Reply With Quote