GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Blower Motor

t'sGTI

Go Kart Champion
After reading this thread, when I got home last night I ran an extenstion cord and put a small electric space heater on the floor of the passenger side front footwell. I ran the space heater for around 15 - 20 minutes so the car would warm up inside. It was very cold so it took some time. I went back out and started the car, turned on the climate control and everything worked fine.
This morning is was 2 degrees here and when I started the car the fan made a slight noise for a few seconds and then worked fine. Not sure if I should take it in now or not. Chances are they will try it and say eveything is working fine. Obviously there is moisture getting into the blower motor somehow and freezing when it is very cold, windy and snowing.

Kyle Butler

Ready to race!
Windy and snowing w/ cold temps will certainly do that. VW knows about this issue and they dont seem to be doing much about it rather than thawing your blower motor when it occurs. If this type of weather keeps up, just turn on recirculate before turning off your car and that should stop the freezing from happening.

btmk6

Passed Driver's Ed
Followed the instructions in the video.. minus using carb cleaner, lubed up the bearings with some 3in1, squeak be gone!

parm1

Passed Driver's Ed
I had the blower motor replaced on my 2013 GTI Wolfsburg a few weeks ago. Service manager at VW Waterloo mentioned that moisture getting into the motor is the problem, but he didn't know the source of the moisture. I'll remember to use recirc on those occasions when it's snowing out. Hoping this doesn't become an annual event. :)

bskim2

Passed Driver's Ed
I had noise and vibration from dash when heater is turned on. The dealer has replaced the blower motor under warranty and performed TSB 85-15-03, but never explained what that was
I park the car in heated indoor garage. I guess it's just faulty blower motor

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
There will prob be a recall or tsb at some point... Mine sounds like it's dying too... so freaking annoying.

forwardlean

Go Kart Champion
I find I have a whining sounds when the AC is on. It's always been that way. Out of warranty now though.

nik

Go Kart Champion
Mine has been surging since 2013. Only happens with heat though. The wench is parked outside all day every day.

Sent from the crapper using Fapatalk